ABA Basic 2020 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you point me in the direction of where you read this? I can't find it anywhere.

It’s almost certainly on a curve. The point of the exam was to “accelerate our knowledge acquisition” anyway. That’s why it’s pass/fail to start with.

It sounds like you’re generally a good test taker dude(tte), I wouldn’t worry about passing. You had a bad ITE in the middle of an ICU month and you took steps by studying consistently since then.

If you (and me) don’t get top 10 percentile and if you’re interested in a super competitive fellowship then it might be a bit harder but there’s still time for the 2nd ITE to circulate to programs at the tail end of the interview cycle, if I’m not mistaken.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is an anesthesia exam for CA1s. Taken one month into actual anesthesia residency. And they expect you to pass it one month into residency?

We normally take it June of CA-1 year but it got delayed to August CA-2 year because of COVID

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting antsy for the score release. Hopefully tuesday.

Advanced was released at 6 weeks this year right? Guessing basic is the same but I like your timeline better.

How do we get our result? Body of an email or via website? I’m guessing we get results before our program does?

Pretty sure Advanced results came out almost two weeks ago, so it should be us this week. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we'll get an email the day of to log into the ABA portal for our result. I'm getting really really nervous about the big reveal.

Pretty sure Advanced results came out almost two weeks ago, so it should be us this week. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we'll get an email the day of to log into the ABA portal for our result. I'm getting really really nervous about the big reveal.
This is correct. You get an email telling you to check the portal.

Then if you score top 10% you get a letter in the mail several weeks later.

This is an anesthesia exam for CA1s. Taken one month into actual anesthesia residency. And they expect you to pass it one month into residency?

This is my favorite part about BASIC. It has such a huge say in our career progression yet nobody has any clue about it unless you're about to take it. Program directors included.

I thought the result was going to be out today given previous years and the advanced. The wait is tiring

Reactions: 3 users
I tweeted at the ABA and they said scores will be released"within the next two weeks"

Reactions: 2 users
I tweeted at the ABA and they said scores will be released"within the next two weeks"

It’s still mind thumbing that in the digital age, it takes 6 weeks to process exams and perform whatever backwoods wizardry they need in order to generate score reports.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s not even 6 weeks, that’s going to be 8 weeks. Why is ours taking longer than the advanced? This is hilarious

Phew. Glad that’s over.

Nice work, razzmatazz..

Passed. I think my whole class did. Feeling very thankful that's over. Sorry to those that didn't pass, and I wish you well.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know when the Basic results for 90% arrives?

30% of my class scored top 10%. What about yours?

Reactions: 1 users
I could not say to be honest. I guess people aren't as forthcoming with their scores here? But 30%, huge round of applause to your residency class! That's quite an accomplishment and speaks depths to the quality of your program's educational component (or your abilities to self-study)!

Not really

I could not say to be honest. I guess people aren't as forthcoming with their scores here? But 30%, huge round of applause to your residency class! That's quite an accomplishment and speaks depths to the quality of your program's educational component (or your abilities to self-study)!
Thanks. Everybody is really happy about it.

Did anyone who took the Nov 2020 exam hear back about top 10%?