Abbreviations on a business card?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't find a definitive answer, what is the proper way to abbreviate degree credentials on a business card?

For example:

MBA or M.B.A
MS or M.S.
Pharm.D. or PharmD

Thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't find a definitive answer, what is the proper way to abbreviate degree credentials on a business card?

For example:

MBA or M.B.A
MS or M.S.
Pharm.D. or PharmD

Thanks in advance!

I think no periods looks cleaner (i.e. John Smith, PharmD, RPh). I wouldn't over think it though/either way is fine....my company gave me some which is the only reason I have any.
 
I don't think it's commonplace to include M.B.A. on a business card to begin with, only professional certifications/licenses.

While I think they all look cleaner without periods, it's probably better to have them. I am looking at a few research papers now and the authors all list their credentials with periods.
 
I don't think it's commonplace to include M.B.A. on a business card to begin with, only professional certifications/licenses.

While I think they all look cleaner without periods, it's probably better to have them. I am looking at a few research papers now and the authors all list their credentials with periods.

Perhaps this is only within pharmacy? I'd imagine the average person would know what a M.B.A. is, but not the 100 other pharmacy titles?