ABFAS & ABPM Study Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fitpoddoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know this topic may have been discussed before, but I feel that the content of advice on study materials for ABFAS and/or ABPM dated from 2010 or before. Those that recently took the ABFAS and/or ABPM board qualification exam; can you please advice on what are the best studying materials to pass the exams? I read somewhere on this forum that McGlamry's, Stryker Board Review and Boards by Numbers helps.

Where or how do you start studying for the exam? Does anyone have a schedule or study guide they used? My residency is not proficient in academics and it worries me that I may not be well prepared for the exam if I don't seek help. All advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any reccs on source for biomech & orthotics review? I have Valmassy but if there is a better source out there would be great

I hear the current edition of McGlamry should be used for boards vs previous edition.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the ABPM exam, you can also use the Review Text in Podiatric Orthopedics & Primary Podiatric Medicine. Students and residents that are members of ACFAOM can access the PDF version for free online. If you are interested in purchasing a copy, you can go to http://www.acfaom.org/public-inform...iatric-orthopedics-primary-podiatric-medicine

As mentioned before, many people use McGlamry for ABFAS exam. If you enroll in the Goldfarb Foundation course, you will get the Hershey Manual, Boards by the Numbers, and access to Board Masters (for CBPS questions on ABFAS). Some people also like the Stryker resident review course as well.

Reactions: 1 users
What about McGlamry? New or old version?
I have heard arguments for both.
Thank you!

Does anybody know if McGlamry is suitable for both part 1 and part 2 of the ABFAS certification exams. I am getting mixed opinions on this question so far. It would be nice to get some more clarification.

For the ABPM exam, you can also use the Review Text in Podiatric Orthopedics & Primary Podiatric Medicine. Students and residents that are members of ACFAOM can access the PDF version for free online. If you are interested in purchasing a copy, you can go to http://www.acfaom.org/public-inform...iatric-orthopedics-primary-podiatric-medicine

As mentioned before, many people use McGlamry for ABFAS exam. If you enroll in the Goldfarb Foundation course, you will get the Hershey Manual, Boards by the Numbers, and access to Board Masters (for CBPS questions on ABFAS). Some people also like the Stryker resident review course as well.

Thank you @dpmgrad!