Abfm 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the P. Took total of 3 business days.

Took exam 4/25. Got result today with pending review. So sad :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Took exam 4/29 still awaiting results. Anyone with that exam date have results yet?

Did mine today. Too many random questions. Recertification after 10 years. Don’t have time to read for exams but did 500 AAFP questions and 2021 ITE questions last week. Wouldn’t have made a difference if I did questions for 6 months, exam was super random. Does the software give you more challenging questions the better you perform? The 1st block was easy but gradually got harder … by the time I got to the last block, I was guessing almost every answer. I was tempted to set off the fire alarm in the building during my 3rd break 😀…hope I pass, will keep you guys posted.

Reactions: 1 user
Did mine today. Too many random questions. Recertification after 10 years. Don’t have time to read for exams but did 500 AAFP questions and 2021 ITE questions last week. Wouldn’t have made a difference if I did questions for 6 months, exam was super random. Does the software give you more challenging questions the better you perform? The 1st block was easy but gradually got harder … by the time I got to the last block, I was guessing almost every answer. I was tempted to set off the fire alarm in the building during my 3rd break …hope I pass, will keep you guys posted.
I think we all felt that way lol. Good luck!

Took my exam on 5/2/22, hopefully will get my Prelim results this week. Wishing everyone good luck! 😄

Took exam 4/25. Got result today with pending review. So sad :(
I took mine on 5/2 and left feeling so bad. Today I also got the “pending review”. I’m definitely disappointed and feeling like a big failure especially knowing so many got the prelim pass (congrats to all that did!). I feel like I wasted time on stuff that didn’t add any value to the questions and I agree with the people who said there were some very vague wording in some questions which made me waste so much time. Sorry I just feel really crappy now and super discouraged

I had a horrible experience also, there were technical difficulties and I wasn’t able to start my exam until 2 hrs after. Keep being positive! It will work out at the end!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did mine today. Too many random questions. Recertification after 10 years. Don’t have time to read for exams but did 500 AAFP questions and 2021 ITE questions last week. Wouldn’t have made a difference if I did questions for 6 months, exam was super random. Does the software give you more challenging questions the better you perform? The 1st block was easy but gradually got harder … by the time I got to the last block, I was guessing almost every answer. I was tempted to set off the fire alarm in the building during my 3rd break 😀…hope I pass, will keep you guys posted.
Got my Result today. I passed. Thank Jesus.

Took my exam 4/29, prelim pass in 3 business days (Wednesday)!

For those you got pending review remenber there's a 98% first time pass rate. So, chances are you will still pass after the review.

Just randomly logged in to abfm and my score showed up. Pending and now a pass :)))

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I made an account just to give some peace of mind and reassurance to whoever in the future receives a “pending review”. Relax and breathe. Try not to worry too much. I got a “pending review” after taking my boards in April and received a passing score today. It was a long wait but I also found out from ABFM 2/3 of physicians receiving a “pending review”, PASS!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got my score, PASS!!
I also got a pending review and really was worried the whole time. Really thought I failed. Please future test takers don't worry, you will be fine!!

• Love
Woke up randomly, saw an email from ABFM. I had a pending review result previously and now it’s a Pass! Future test takers, Please don’t stop being positive after seeing a pending review. Everyone has their own journey, it will work out at the end! Best wishes!

• Love
I passed as well! Congratulations to everyone !!!

Reactions: 1 users
Pending Review > Pass! Hang in there future test takers!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
anyone still active here? Took my boards durin the FALL. I never got an email for the prelim results do they usually send it? I randomly checked my ABFM and the dreaded Pending review showed up

anyone still active here? Took my boards durin the FALL. I never got an email for the prelim results do they usually send it? I randomly checked my ABFM and the dreaded Pending review showed up
Typical result from pending is still pass, so I wouldn't worry, just sucks that you have to wait longer to find out.

Typical result from pending is still pass, so I wouldn't worry, just sucks that you have to wait longer to find out.

they just making the wait harder cause its going into the Holidays

So I got this , this is a pass right ? As my portfolio still says pending
2369B9C0-DA5C-4F3E-91C6-1312A9ACBB85.jpeg

So I got this , this is a pass right ? As my portfolio still says pending View attachment 362616
It says preliminary results at the top - it is a preliminary pass. The vast, vast majority of these turn out to be a real pass. Final results available by late December, it says.

It says preliminary results at the top - it is a preliminary pass. The vast, vast majority of these turn out to be a real pass. Final results available by late December, it says.
Got it !
Is this what most people are getting until final results are available in December or some people are getting definite pass too not just preliminary pass like me?

Got it !
Is this what most people are getting until final results are available in December or some people are getting definite pass too not just preliminary pass like me?
Nobody gets a definite score of any type, including pass, until December.

my results are still Pending review. I feel this is going to be bad this December :( do we know what date we usually see the final score?

my results are still Pending review. I feel this is going to be bad this December :( do we know what date we usually see the final score?
Did you check the previous exam results tab ?
Did you get an email from abfm saying prelim results available?

Did you check the previous exam results tab ?
Did you get an email from abfm saying prelim results available?

In all honestly, I did not get any email from ABFM about the prelim reports. I logged on 1 week after and saw it was pending review.

I checked this morning and the final scores are in. Min passing was a 380

Anyone seeing a correlation with ITE scores and their passing grade?

Anyone seeing a correlation with ITE scores and their passing grade?
There is a tool on the ABFM website that predicts your likelihood of passing boards based on your ITE scores.

Yup, the Bayesian calculator. Seems every time I enter new data or talk to one of my coresidents, the scores are always something super reassuring like 99% or basically "Nah man you good." That said, we're all neurotic about exams and I was wondering if the data people put in ultimately reflects the scores that they ended up with.

My ITEs were 510, 530, 510. I did not study for ITEs but went to a rigorous program that is typically above average with regards to ITE scores and as far as I know has not recently had any board failures.
Bayesian predictor gives a 100% pass rate with those scores, with the fat part of the predicted score curve being about in the same range as my practice scores.
I took the real thing (April this year) and just reviewed the last few years of ITEs prior, and passed with a 670.

The pass rate in 2021 was like 98% for first time takers of the initial certification exam. Of course the vast majority of people will be predicted to pass, that's how it's supposed to be!
Thank you for the insight, CJ.