Ability to speak articulately impaired with sleep deprivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveandHate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience this? I find that I trip over my words (rather severely) when I'm sleep deprived. I would characterize it as impaired pronunciation of difficult/technical multisyllabic words.

I just gave a short presentation to my PBL group and I'm sure you can guess how it went. Jesus I sounded like a blubbering idiot even though I had a script in front of me to read.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone experience this? I find that I trip over my words (rather severely) when I'm sleep deprived. I would characterize it as impaired pronunciation of difficult/technical multisyllabic words.

I just gave a short presentation to my PBL group and I'm sure you can guess how it went. Jesus I sounded like a blubbering idiot even though I had a script in front of me to read.

Nah that's totally not normal. You might have lupus.

Sounds serious. Possibly a lesion of the perisylvian cortex? Exploratory craniotomy, possible telencephalectomy.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yea haha I felt exactly the same way at my PBL class 2 days ago. I was also a little hung over as well though.

Sometimes I think the real point of 3rd year is to learn how to function while sleep deprived. It apparently is a skill that can be learned.

I'm the same way. I have problems starting sentences without tripping over my words when I'm sleep deprived.