ABIM exam issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaycee18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Went to write my ABIM exams today. Was feeling well prior to today morning. Had an episode of vomiting earlier enroute but felt better afterwards. Unfortunately, while at the exams, I had multiple recurrent episodes of vomiting. So, I was pulled out of the exams while on my second section.

This is the paper they sent to ABIM; they added the comment below when I requested for them to be clear in what happen that way, I am not punished. But still remain scared of ABIM decision. I contacted them by phone today and they say wait 48-72 hours. Any one ever fallen sick during an ABIM and had exams terminated? Any suggestions?
1608071745356.png

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot see how this would be a problem. Many of us felt this way about their testing centers and product. The correct way of doing it, as per their policies, is to puke ON the screen though.

Reactions: 5 users
If they take some kind of action against you (eg invalidate the test which is the worst possible outcome I would foresee) I would appeal since the only way this should impact the outcome is make your score worse. I wouldn't worry about tis too much though I think youll be fine.

Also black out the case # ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
My personal opinion is your should be ok. If you are sick, you are sick. Misconducting while taking exam is when someone intents to cheat on the exam, or to act up against proctors or other candidates. You probably missed this year to be certified but other than that, I don’t see any actions should be taken against you.

I cannot see how this would be a problem. Many of us felt this way about their testing centers and product. The correct way of doing it, as per their policies, is to puke ON the screen though.
I agree. Creating a hypochloremic metabolic alkalotic state is a good thing and cannot go against you

They did cancel my exams and refunded half of the fees. I am grateful for that. starting my studying early if anyone needs a study partner.