Christian predent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Heh, guys
What GPA are the dental schools looking for when it come to admission ? Is it the GPA that ADEA calculate or the GPA from my undergrat school. :confused:
Thanks

JRogoff

Resident Palatal Phallacy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2004
Plantation, FL
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Your AADSAS GPA is what they first look at, and thats what will get you an interview. When making final decisions they will look at your offical transcripts.

Awuah29

Christian predent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
So they look at my sciences and non-sciences . I guess sciences interest them more. Right?

About the Ads

t12kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
yeah. I heard from most of my friends who got into dental schools that dental schools look at science GPA more. I have 3.43 Science and 3.38 overall GPA, so i was worried because my overall is lower. But my friends told me not to worry too much about my overall. I got 2 Cs on my transcript from last two quarters..i got to make that up by getting better grades from now on and show them during interviews that I have improved.

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Originally posted by Awuah29
So they look at my sciences and non-sciences . I guess sciences interest them more. Right?
AADSAS uses your grades to calculate four different GPAs:

BCP GPA: Which only include courses within Biology, Chemistry and Physics discipline

Science GPA: Which include BCP plus mathematics and some geology courses

Non-Science GPA: self-explanatory

Total GPA: overall GPA for all courses taken

You can go to this link and you can match your courses to specific AADSAS subject categories and you can calculate roughly all four of your GPAs.

http://aadsas.adea.org/html-bin/INS_courses.htm

About the Ads