1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

About GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Awuah29, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Awuah29

Awuah29 Christian predent
    7+ Year Member

Heh, guys
    What GPA are the dental schools looking for when it come to admission ? Is it the GPA that ADEA calculate or the GPA from my undergrat school. :confused:
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Your AADSAS GPA is what they first look at, and thats what will get you an interview. When making final decisions they will look at your offical transcripts.

4. Awuah29

Awuah29 Christian predent
    7+ Year Member

So they look at my sciences and non-sciences . I guess sciences interest them more. Right?

5. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah. I heard from most of my friends who got into dental schools that dental schools look at science GPA more. I have 3.43 Science and 3.38 overall GPA, so i was worried because my overall is lower. But my friends told me not to worry too much about my overall. I got 2 Cs on my transcript from last two quarters..i got to make that up by getting better grades from now on and show them during interviews that I have improved.

6. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Guardian of Justice
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    AADSAS uses your grades to calculate four different GPAs:

BCP GPA: Which only include courses within Biology, Chemistry and Physics discipline

Science GPA: Which include BCP plus mathematics and some geology courses

Non-Science GPA: self-explanatory

Total GPA: overall GPA for all courses taken

You can go to this link and you can match your courses to specific AADSAS subject categories and you can calculate roughly all four of your GPAs.

http://aadsas.adea.org/html-bin/INS_courses.htm