About how long does it take for them to contact you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm applying this fall and will be submitting my application around mid-September. I'm taking the MCAT September 10th so the schools won't receive my complete application until MCAT scores are released on October 13th. I was wondering about how long it takes for schools to contact you about interviews or if they're not interested in you at all? In some threads, I've noticed that its about 2 weeks. Do they give you select interview days to choose from or do you tell them when is best for you?

Thank you so much for your input in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm applying this fall and will be submitting my application around mid-September. I'm taking the MCAT September 10th so the schools won't receive my complete application until MCAT scores are released on October 13th. I was wondering about how long it takes for schools to contact you about interviews or if they're not interested in you at all? In some threads, I've noticed that its about 2 weeks. Do they give you select interview days to choose from or do you tell them when is best for you?

Thank you so much for your input in advance!

I applied last year on the 1st day the cycle opened and it took less than 18 hours to receive a response from Barry via email {I believe I submitted everything by ~3pm & received notification early the next morning.} Oh, and I didn't even take the MCAT.....AzPod & DMU both took about a week......OCPM took ~3-4 days.

They sent me a schedule in the mail with all the interview dates that were available, & I just needed to call them up & schedule. It's pretty easy..

I applied last year on the 1st day the cycle opened and it took less than 18 hours to receive a response from Barry via email {I believe I submitted everything by ~3pm & received notification early the next morning.} Oh, and I didn't even take the MCAT.....AzPod & DMU both took about a week......OCPM took ~3-4 days.

They sent me a schedule in the mail with all the interview dates that were available, & I just needed to call them up & schedule. It's pretty easy..

Wow that is a really fast response, I'm impressed also because you didn't have an MCAT score. I am taking the MCAT August 21. Do you think I should apply the 1st day that the applications come out or wait until around September 21 (when I get my scores back) to apply?

Also, did you apply online using AACPMAS? How did that work, did it cover your applications for all the schools or are there supplemental applications specific to each school?

Wow that is a really fast response, I'm impressed also because you didn't have an MCAT score. I am taking the MCAT August 21. Do you think I should apply the 1st day that the applications come out or wait until around September 21 (when I get my scores back) to apply?

Also, did you apply online using AACPMAS? How did that work, did it cover your applications for all the schools or are there supplemental applications specific to each school?

I personally would apply the soonest you can because you already took the MCAT and by the time you interview they should have your score. You will have first choice of interview dates and can arrange them by preference. So you can skip some schools that you were not interested in and save dinero.

Applying through AACPMS, http://www.e-aacpmas.org/, is the only way to apply and all 9 schools participate. (you could do a paper app but that is more time consuming)