about my DAT score :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanami

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have two DAT scores;
one : 21AA, Pat: 22
recent one: 22AA, Pat:19

T_T i heard for my school competitive AA is 22, and i made 22, but Pat was so low...
if I have to apply next time, which score might be better? or should i retake....ha..T_T

Thank you for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I think retaking the DAT in your case was just a waste of time and money unless you were extremely confident you could have scored much higher. That being said, averages just means there are people who got above and below that specific score - it would have been more worthwhile for you to just focus on your GPA and other aspects of your application. Also the PAT is one of the least important section on the DAT and a 19 isn't too bad. I wouldn't sweat it.

Good luck!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
AA matters much more to schools than pat so you don't need to worry. AA>TS>RC>sciences individually>PAT>QR

Good job and you should be happy with your 22. Retaking it would be a poor decision.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you all for your helpful advices!! I will try to see if I can boost up other aspects of the application rather than retaking.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for your helpful advices!! I will try to see if I can boost up other aspects of the application rather than retaking.
Thank you so much!
What are the individual scores and your TS?

Also congratulations on your scores!

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What are the individual scores and your TS?

Also congratulations on your scores!

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

sorry for the late reply; here are my individual marks!
Thank you so much!!

Canadian DAT:
Reading and Comprehension: 19
Biology: 18
Chemistry: 30
PAT: 19
Total Science: 21
Academic Average: 22

American DAT:
RC 22
Bio 21
Gc 23
Oc 23
QR 18
PAT 22
Total Science: 22
Academic Average: 21

Last edited:
People like you are the reason I have PTSD thinking about the DAT lmao. Retake after scoring a 21AA the first time!!? :dead:

You're fine man, relax, your scores are insane, and I'm sure your GPA is killer too. You're done. The nightmare is over for you. Just get your app ready, volunteer and whatnot if you still have to, and apply June 1st! Don't stress about anything anymore!