razorback831

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status
I thought 1 was the hardest.....I only took 1 and 2...both underestimated score; 1 by 9 pts and 2 by 5

About the Ads

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
in hell
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i took nbme #3 on monday and at that time, there was only 3

manning18

10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2004
Status
I think there are only 3 total. I took the 1st and 2nd tests, roughly 10 days apart. I was much better prepared for the 2nd than 1st test and my score only increased by 2 points. Based on that data, I would say the 2nd test is harder than the 1st (though others have said the opposite). In theory, though, I think all tests are designed to be equally difficult. Any difference in difficulty should be reflected in the scoring anyway!

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
manning18 said:
I think there are only 3 total. I took the 1st and 2nd tests, roughly 10 days apart. I was much better prepared for the 2nd than 1st test and my score only increased by 2 points. Based on that data, I would say the 2nd test is harder than the 1st (though others have said the opposite). In theory, though, I think all tests are designed to be equally difficult. Any difference in difficulty should be reflected in the scoring anyway!
granted i took the first one before studying and the 2nd one 2.5 weeks into studying but i thought the 2nd one was A LOT less picky than the first. i went up roughly 35 points between the first and second but i do agree that in theory, they should be similar

sapience8x

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2005
Status
did anyone think that #3 was easier? I skipped from 1 to 3 and will go back to 2 but my score went up 24 points from 1 to 3. This is a relief so I'm hoping it is due to knowledge rather than #3 being easy.

footcramp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 1, 2004
united states of america
Status
separate question, on the performance graph, what does it mean when there is no graph for a certain subject. does it mean it wasn't tested?

Medical123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2001
Visit site
Status
footcramp said:
separate question, on the performance graph, what does it mean when there is no graph for a certain subject. does it mean it wasn't tested?
I thought I had a couple of blanks on my performance graph, but when I looked at it closer, there was an asterisk on the far right hand side of the page where my performance feel off of the graph. It falls right on the line and is kind of hard to see.

About the Ads