about NERB

Started by kangahji
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kangahji

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. Guys.. I'm not attending dental school in northeast region right now. HOwever, I'm planning to practice in the region. Although i got some information from their website, I just don't know too many people who want to do this. Can somebody tell me how difficult the NERB is? Are they really selective in accepting patients that meet the criteria? I just don't know how I should prepare for this, especially when i live so far from northeast region. 😕 😕
 
Get into dental school first, then worry about this later. If you attend a school in the northeast, they'll prepare you for the NERB. If you happen to attend a non NERB/ADEX state, then you could worry about this a bit more.

To say it's difficult is a crap shoot. It's all about patient selection, because by that time you should be clinically capable. If you're that set on practicing in the northeast, I highly suggest you attend dental school there.
 
I 'm a senior dental student. I'm attending dental school in state univ because it was a lot cheaper than those private schools in northeast. i used to live up north and I just want to go back to get settled there.
Is there any programs that will assist students find the patients? I know how annoying it is looking for the board patients because it is pretty strict where I am right now.
 
Im in the same boat as u. Taking nerb at Howard univ in dc in April but dont have patients yet. Need help. Plz reply if u have any suggestions. Thx