About reference

Started by Yun
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yun

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm glad that I found this forum which is very helpful and has addressed some questions I had.

Now I have another question about references for applying DPT program. I already asked an university biology professor to write letter for me. I'm also plan to ask letter from the PT I'm observing in an outpatient clinic. But since he is kind of young and has only worked for 1-2 years in the field, do you think the letter from him will work well? Should I try to find some more mature and experienced PTs as more STRONG references? My GPA is not that great, so I want to use everything else to compensate. Thanks for any suggestions!
 
I think it will be fine. Its more important that they know you well than just the fact that they are an older pt.