About Secondary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bummyatec

Applicant for 2008
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have questions about secondary application. Can we ask the schools to send us secondary application before we apply thru AADSAS? because as many 2007 applicants recommended, i want to apply as soon as possible, and I heard schools start to look at our application once they get all the materials. So I was wondering if I can fill out the sencondary application first and submit it as I submit the AADSAS application.

And how long does it to fill out the secondary application if I want to apply 15 schools?

Lastly, do all the dental schools ask us to write the second essay? If anyone can share, what were the topics?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

most of the secondary applications include a check for around 35-70 bucks and a small questionnaire. Some schools require a small essay on 'why dentistry' or something along those lines. They don't take very long and you should be fine. Just make sure AADSAS is put in ASAP.

Many schools require that you send out a check for the secondary fee the day you submit aadsas, so get all those checks together and send them certified mail the day you submit aadsas. include your aadsas id and put down the application cycle year so they can organize your things right.

beware, 15 schools + secondary fees is close to 2000 dollars (800 or so secondary fees), apply to the right schools the first time