about the rolling process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

creestoL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So with pharmcas there is Tier 1, Tier 2, tier 3, etc.. so is the whole admission process rolling? For instance, is it basically the earlier you apply the better ur chances? Or as long as u make it into tier 1?

Members don't see this ad.

creestoL said:
Hi all,

So with pharmcas there is Tier 1, Tier 2, tier 3, etc.. so is the whole admission process rolling? For instance, is it basically the earlier you apply the better ur chances? Or as long as u make it into tier 1?

I didn't know there was a Tier 1, 2,...on Pharmcas? I must have missed something when I applied. In general, it is better to apply early....either to be reviewed in Tier 1, early admission, or just be the first batch of applicants
to be reviewed and offered an interview early on in the application process.

I suppose, like UOP, they are on a rolling process. I've read somewhere on the forum that if you submit in Tier 3.....it's probably not worth it.....they probably filled their class by then.

Hope this helps....

not all schools have rolling admissions, but i guess it's better to not procrastinate, just for your piece of mind. i submitted my apps the week before the nov. 1 deadline and it was probably more stressful than it had to be. if i had to do it over, i'd ask my recommenders to get their letters back to me way before the actual deadline and through email, if possible (murphy's law + u.s. postal service = inevitable doom, so give yourself lots of time).

Members don't see this ad :)
Like doublezero had said, not all schools are rolling admission. I know UOP has rolling admission and they use the tier system. It's true that the earlier you apply, the earlier you get an interview, and the higher your chances are of getting in. However, it doesn't mean that if you apply during tier 3, your chances are zip. My file for UOP was complete the beginning of tier 3 and I interviewed early January and got in. Still, I definitely recommend you to apply early starting in the summer and get those recommendation letters early! Some people take a while to write them. Look out for the rolling admission schools and make sure to get the application in early! Good luck!

Good advice! i also have the understanding that the earlier you apply, the higher you chances will be. however, if your really concerned, maybe you should call individual schools that you are interested in to see how important it actually is. btw, are you a fellow anteater? bc that would be a crazy coincidence. good day.