about to take the OAT...

daryts09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just applied for the OAT test and just sent it out last week.. I should be hearing from them soon, but I'm thinking I'll be taking it sometime in January.. which means that is coming up FAST! I feel like the most hectic most busy person in the world.. I have sooo much going on.. between work, school, finals coming up, papers galore.. and I don't know if it's just because I'm a senior (bio major) but this semster has been the toughest of them all!! Im so excited for thanxgiving break.. but I'm already booked w/ studying and assignements up the wall. i feel like I already have waay too much on myself. Plus, I have to cram for my OATS, and because I'm from good ol' green bay where the frozen tundra is, there's no classes offered to help you before hand. (grrrr..) so... is it possible to cram in 2 months for the OAT? I'm emailing my professors questions, going over my old notes and books.. will this prepare me? my gpa is a 3.0, so it's not that great.. any words of advice or suggestions??

thanks...appreciate it guys!!!!!

Tara :)

Members don't see this ad.

daryts09 said:
Hello,

I just applied for the OAT test and just sent it out last week.. I should be hearing from them soon, but I'm thinking I'll be taking it sometime in January.. which means that is coming up FAST! I feel like the most hectic most busy person in the world.. I have sooo much going on.. between work, school, finals coming up, papers galore.. and I don't know if it's just because I'm a senior (bio major) but this semster has been the toughest of them all!! Im so excited for thanxgiving break.. but I'm already booked w/ studying and assignements up the wall. i feel like I already have waay too much on myself. Plus, I have to cram for my OATS, and because I'm from good ol' green bay where the frozen tundra is, there's no classes offered to help you before hand. (grrrr..) so... is it possible to cram in 2 months for the OAT? I'm emailing my professors questions, going over my old notes and books.. will this prepare me? my gpa is a 3.0, so it's not that great.. any words of advice or suggestions??

thanks...appreciate it guys!!!!!

Tara :)

I took the OAT in the summer while working full time. I studied about the same amount of time as you did (about 2 months) and I also did not take a prep course or anything like that. I used all my old notes and text books. I'm not saying that this method will work for everyone, but I got a 360 TS and 360 AA. I didn't have any other classes to worry about, but the semester will be done soon enough for you! As long as you work hard at it, I'm sure you'll be fine! If you are feeling really unprepared, you can always call ahead and reschedule your test. Good luck :luck: