ABPN Boards prep materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgillgutti

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am preparing for my initial certification for 2012.It's the dreaded new format.I have read and heard from people who just sat for their boards with the new format. Just wondering what materials people used for their boards prep.I am interested in buying the Beat the Boards materials if anyone has the DVD's and notes that they don't plan to use anymore.
If you have other materials too, I would like to buy them.
My email: [email protected]
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

For the part I section, in my opinion, it was very much similar to PRITE questions. the question stems were similar in length, and I thought it was rather straight-forward. Books that I used included:

Neurology: Kaufman's Neurology for Psychiatrists, First Aid for the Boards (neuro section)

Psychiatry: Mass General Review book, Kaplan and Sadock's synopsis, and First Aid (psychiatry section)

For review questions, I used Focus and Spiegel's Psychiatry Test Preparation.

I would also review old Prites as well, to get a feel for material that might be re-tested.

I think I probably studied overkill. I think the above was enough for the first part definitely. As everyone has mentioned, part II with the videos was a disaster, and of course I don't know if I passed it yet, but I'm not so sure that studying any differently (or more) would have made a difference.