ABR Boards Study Schedule - Examples

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petergolf

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone -

long time SDN reader, but first time poster. I'm starting to make a schedule for my ABR written boards and really don't know where to start in terms of timelines, daily schedule, etc.

for the folks who passed written boards, can you share how you structured your study schedule? does anyone have a great "method" they can share?

personally I come from a program that has relatively weak clinical teaching and didactics, though have generally stayed on top of the Spring Refresher courses. quite frankly, I'm a little scared.

thanks.

P

Members don't see this ad.

bump. any useful tips on how to structure the next ~6 months of board studying for clinical writtens?

Clinical writtens have a high pass rate. Over 95% as I recall. As such, most people cram for 1-2 months prior to test and that is enough. Questions overall tend to be fairer and more straightforward than ACR in service.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
upload_2017-1-10_11-41-17.png

Screen shot from ABR website.

Studying to pass tests is best done using two evidence-based education strategies-distributed practice (studying in short increments over several weeks to months) and retrieval practice (testing yourself).