abscess

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

berlex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.smiles4kids.com/images/illustrations/abcess-highlight.jpg
So I have an abscess just like in the picture above, same size and place. I've had it for a while, maybe 5 months. It doesn't hurt, but I had a root canal done on the tooth (a crown) below the abscess, I guess that's why. Could there be decay under the crown? I know I should go to the dentist, I guess I just need a kick in the pants.

Members don't see this ad.

You are asking advice from dental students. It is possible you have a serious infection (which in some instances, can kill you). Regardless of your dental history, go see a professional who can use the appropriate diagnostic tools to help you. If you want a kick in the pants, let me tell you whats likely going on...

the infection in your jaw is dissolving the healthy bone that supports your teeth (the one associated with the infection, and the others adjacent if you continue to wait ). As you continue to wait, the price tag associated with fixing your problem grows.

RCT retreat/ apico--- $1200. best case.

extraction, 3 unit bridge----$3200.----irreversible changes to adjacent teeth

extraction, graft, implant, abutment, implant crown--- $5000(likely a low end estimate)

If you lose the tooth, regardless of the replacement therapy it is likely the aesthetics will never look the same.

There is your kick in the pants. Oh, and by the way, this is not a sight to seek dental advice.

You are asking advice from dental students. It is possible you have a serious infection (which in some instances, can kill you). Regardless of your dental history, go see a professional who can use the appropriate diagnostic tools to help you. If you want a kick in the pants, let me tell you whats likely going on...

the infection in your jaw is dissolving the healthy bone that supports your teeth (the one associated with the infection, and the others adjacent if you continue to wait ). As you continue to wait, the price tag associated with fixing your problem grows.

RCT retreat/ apico--- $1200. best case.

extraction, 3 unit bridge----$3200.----irreversible changes to adjacent teeth

extraction, graft, implant, abutment, implant crown--- $5000(likely a low end estimate)

If you lose the tooth, regardless of the replacement therapy it is likely the aesthetics will never look the same.

There is your kick in the pants. Oh, and by the way, this is not a sight to seek dental advice.
What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.