Absite vs. Non-GS Inservice

Started by Moola
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Moola

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks,
I'm an ENT resident applying for general plastics next year. I kno that ABSITES are a huge deal. We don't take them however, but have our own inservice exam where we get a % compared to our peers like the ABSITE. Does anyone know if our tests count? Are they compared synonomously to ABSITES when pairing up with the GS folks?

Overall, I know I'm fighting an uphill battle considering the innate preference for GS folks in PRS, so I appreciate your response and input b/c it will be helpful. God bless and good luck 2 all.
 
Hey folks,
I'm an ENT resident applying for general plastics next year. I kno that ABSITES are a huge deal. We don't take them however, but have our own inservice exam where we get a % compared to our peers like the ABSITE. Does anyone know if our tests count? Are they compared synonomously to ABSITES when pairing up with the GS folks?

Overall, I know I'm fighting an uphill battle considering the innate preference for GS folks in PRS, so I appreciate your response and input b/c it will be helpful. God bless and good luck 2 all.

Yes, your otolaryngology inservice scores are looked at similarly to absite scores.

Also, do a little research and find which programs tend to take otolaryngology applicants. There are quite a few otolaryngolgy-trained plastic surgeons out there. I would say that if you are an excellent applicant, then being an otolaryngology resident will not hurt you.