Absolutely Earliest Time to Fully Submit App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBeans

MrBeans
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I gather, in order to have AADSAS send out your application you have to have your grades/transcripts verified.

Is it true that the absolute soonest you can start the verification process is opening day, because you need the matching form on the current AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

From my knowledge, yes, you can't even start the application until June 3 which means that you won't be able to access the matching forms for either transcripts or LoR's until then. So the absolute earliest time you can complete the primary application depends on how long it takes to send and process those documents, given that you finish everything else on the first day.

Since most of us will be doing electronic LOR's, that sorta eliminates the matching forms (whatever those are).

But what are transcript matching forms?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since most of us will be doing electronic LOR's, that sorta eliminates the matching forms (whatever those are).

But what are transcript matching forms?

Matching forms verify your grades, sent from your school, with your file at AADSAS.

Make sure your letter writers submit right on June 3rd, careful because it's out of your control! ;)

So do I submit the transcripts ON June 3rd with the matching form or do I send out the undergrad transcripts on like May 30th, and the transcript form is a separate thing?

So do I submit the transcripts ON June 3rd with the matching form or do I send out the undergrad transcripts on like May 30th, and the transcript form is a separate thing?

From what I remember, you have to print and fill out the matching form(s) when it is available and send it to each school (or just give it to them if your school is nearby) and have them send out the transcript with the matching form (please correct me if I'm mistaken). Either way, it's gonna be a couple days before it's all processed. If you're paranoid about being one of the absolute first to complete your application, don't. If you finish during June, you'll be fine.

What is the transcript matching form? And I mail it out to like all 7 schools I apply to?

What if the school is like 500 miles away? Do I call them? Fax it? I'm sure there a lots of people who took classes outside at other places (CC, etc) so how would this work?

When i ordered my transcript they had an option that specified if I needed an attachment to go with it. I said yes, then I mailed the school the matching form, and they included it with my transcript.

When i ordered my transcript they had an option that specified if I needed an attachment to go with it. I said yes, then I mailed the school the matching form, and they included it with my transcript.

Well I don't have that luxury. What do I do? Drive 500 miles? Fax? Call them and do it? Is this a common practice for them to do? I don't want them to **** this up!

Relax....most schools let you attach some form to your transcript when it is sent out. All you need to do call to verify this and you should be able to fax the form into the registrar's office. The matching form and transcript goes from the registrar to AADSAS, not to the dental schools.

Well I don't have that luxury. What do I do? Drive 500 miles? Fax? Call them and do it? Is this a common practice for them to do? I don't want them to **** this up!

what do you mean? you don't have the luxury of access to the united states postal service?

what do you mean? you don't have the luxury of access to the united states postal service?

He must have transferred from a university that is 500 miles away, so he is not sure how he can go back to get this all sent.

But relax. Its like someone pointed out. Start your AADSAS. Say which schools you have attended. When you hit "enter," an icon will appear next to each school that says, "Print transcript matching form." Print it out. Fill out whatever info it asks. Then take it to your registrar's office. When you send your transcript, you can send the respective transcript matching form with the transcript they will send. Thousands of students do this every year, so the registrar's office is familiar with this.

And all you have to do for your previous university is call them up, say that you live 500 miles away, that you need a transcript and will be faxing them a form to go with it.

Now calm down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay. I can still "submit" the application June 3rd but it won't be 100% complete until the matching forms arrive a few days later, so probably on like June 10thish.

I have 3 of these to do. FML.

I transferred from a university 600 miles away by plane and 800 miles by car. I wasn't sure if they would accept a fax because a signature is required on the transcript matching form. If you want to rush it, just call your institution and ask them if they'll accept a faxed signature.

Can I just email it to them (the CC's?) instead of fax?

Can I just email it to them (the CC's?) instead of fax?
If anything, that would be slower. Just fax it or mail it in like everyone else it's not going to delay your application really.

Speaking from experience and predents.com patterns, applying June 3rd or July 12th won't make a difference. You'll be in the first couple batches and will get the same early priority in being reviewed. Things change when you apply past August, then you are less likely to hear back for pre-Dec interviews.

And what about letters of rec? People who I have had already finish them for me have submitted it to interfolio.com. Has anyone ever used that service before and if so, can i submit my LOR from interfolio directly onto AASDAS

If anything, that would be slower. Just fax it or mail it in like everyone else it's not going to delay your application really.

Speaking from experience and predents.com patterns, applying June 3rd or July 12th won't make a difference. You'll be in the first couple batches and will get the same early priority in being reviewed. Things change when you apply past August, then you are less likely to hear back for pre-Dec interviews.

Well I'm not even taking the DAT until August 5th ish. I can submit my old scores (19/18/19) and I'm pretty sure I won't get automatically rejected. The question is: on my application, do I mention that I'm retaking it (and thus delay it until August 6th until they review) or do I NOT mention the retake and have them immediately review (and then subsequently update once Aug 6th arrives)

About the transcript matching forms, is it possible for me to order the official transcript sent to myself, and then I send the official transcript with the matching forms to the AADSAS?

We don't send the transcript matching forms + official transcript to every individual schools, but only to AADSAS, right?

About the transcript matching forms, is it possible for me to order the official transcript sent to myself, and then I send the official transcript with the matching forms to the AADSAS?

We don't send the transcript matching forms + official transcript to every individual schools, but only to AADSAS, right?

Yes, you only send transcript once to AADSAS. Once you're accepted they will need the officials. However, your alma mater and my future school (UCLA) want official transcripts directly to them with your personal history form... and this you can just hand it to them if you wish. Good luck.

Well I'm not even taking the DAT until August 5th ish. I can submit my old scores (19/18/19) and I'm pretty sure I won't get automatically rejected. The question is: on my application, do I mention that I'm retaking it (and thus delay it until August 6th until they review) or do I NOT mention the retake and have them immediately review (and then subsequently update once Aug 6th arrives)

i really need to know the answer to this question as well.

I thought the official transcript must come from the institution that you attended.

You cannot get an official copy of your transcripts early, and then send them out yourself to AADSAS.

Can anyone confirm this?

And what about letters of rec? People who I have had already finish them for me have submitted it to interfolio.com. Has anyone ever used that service before and if so, can i submit my LOR from interfolio directly onto AASDAS

Yes, you can. All you have to do is download the evaluation matching forms from AADSAS, upload them onto your Interfolio account (there's even a specific document type called "AADSAS Letter of Evaluation Form"), and select all your letters and matching forms for delivery. Interfolio then sends them all to AADSAS for you. Piece of cake.