abt indian docs in aus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcsquare

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i m living in india and i wud lik 2 kno if i can move abroad 2 places lik australia with a indian degree and earn as much as an aus doctor...or shud i study med in aus 2 earn as much as an aus doc??do they recognize indian degrees?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a 4th year med student in Aus.... Unfortunately, Indian medical degrees are not highly regarded over here in Australia, particularly following the scandal with "Dr Death" aka Dr Patel earlier this yr, an Indian doctor who was so inefficient as a dr that he contributed to the deaths of about 13 of his patients. There has been many recent debates re: needing more stringent controls on overseas trained doctors for adequate health care. American and UK medical degrees however are considered to be of a high standard and students with degrees from these countries should not have any problems seeking employment.

Health_grl said:
Hi, I am a 4th year med student in Aus.... Unfortunately, Indian medical degrees are not highly regarded over here in Australia, particularly following the scandal with "Dr Death" aka Dr Patel earlier this yr, an Indian doctor who was so inefficient as a dr that he contributed to the deaths of about 13 of his patients. There has been many recent debates re: needing more stringent controls on overseas trained doctors for adequate health care. American and UK medical degrees however are considered to be of a high standard and students with degrees from these countries should not have any problems seeking employment.
hey thnx by the way i will b coming probably 2 aus in a yr......wat is da annual fees?r u an aussie resident?

:sleep: n e body else online?