Academic Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamMachine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our residency gives us a short leave of absence every year to attend an academic conference. I'm a CA-1, and I haven't been in the game long. Anyway, I was wondering what all of your thoughts are on what the best academic conferences or national meetings are in anesthesia. As anyone been to the annual ASA meeting, for example? I would appreciate any and all input. Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DreamMachine said:
Our residency gives us a short leave of absence every year to attend an academic conference. I'm a CA-1, and I haven't been in the game long. Anyway, I was wondering what all of your thoughts are on what the best academic conferences or national meetings are in anesthesia. As anyone been to the annual ASA meeting, for example? I would appreciate any and all input. Peace.

Dude, you gotta go to the Whistler conference. That place rocks. I'm not to sure about the conference but the skiing is off the hook, yo.

I have never been to the ASA conference/anual mtg.

Members don't see this ad :)
DreamMachine said:
Good God, is that a lot of meetings! Anyone with any personal experiences? For example, a conference or meeting that you thought was tight.

Thanks Skrubz!
well, from personal experience i can highly recommend the california society of anesthesiology conferences in hawaii , i usually go there for oct/nov each year, the resorts are wonderful, the speakers are so good and interesting that people actually attend and not goof off to the beach! this fall meeting is going to be on the big island, next year in kauai. see you all there, fasto.
p.s. csahq.org

A lot depends on your motivation - educational or recreational.

Among others, the ASA Annual Meeting, CRASH, and the New York Society meeting in December are good. Many state societies and larger departments put on smaller meetings that are also well done. GSA (Georgia) does an excellent summer meeting each year.