Academic Dishonesty and Potential Acceptence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@12345Lily this is the second thread you have bumped. This one is 2 years old and OP hasn't posted in two years. Why don't you go ahead and start your own thread? Give us the details and get some fresh advice tailored to your situations .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Catalystik, I am currently in my junior year and have been accused of cheating on a 5% homework assignment in a history class I took last quarter. I spoke with the professor and he said that he was willing to drop the charges but I never got it in writing. The girl and I met with the dean recently and she thought that the accusation would be dropped as well. However, the professor has stopped responding and if he does not respond by the end of this week, it goes to review (in which case, we more than likely will get sanctioned). I've tried looking for the professor everywhere but he's not teaching this quarter and is not on campus often. I sent him an email but he has not been responsive. If this does go through, what are my options?
Do you have an advisor or faculty member willing to champion you and email the professor on your behalf, in an attempt to get his current stance included in a return email? Alternatively, does your school have an ombudsman or dean you could meet with to present your side of things who could potentially provide the same service for you, or make a phone call, or even petition to defer the review until the prof can be located for an opinion? The professor is less likely to ignore an email/contact from an official of the school.

Or, camp near the prof's office and hope he shows up by the end of the week, after asking a department secretary when he's most likely to show up.

Of course, the professor might be on sabbatical and traveling frequently, making a successful contact less likely in such a short time.

Reactions: 1 user
@Catalystik I camped by my prof's office and was able to fix the situation in time. Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: 1 users