Aug 11, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
so recently in one of my lab class I received an (xF) failure to academic dishonesty "improper citation" I already turned in my application on pharmcas and I have two interviews (Eastern shore, Notredame) already at this point I amm really depressed because everything was ok until this situation happened. Do I still have a chance of getting into a pharmacy school? and will they even consider me after I tell them in my interview. I feel hopeless have anyone ever gone through this situation I really hope this is not the end of my career. :/ honesty needed pls

ZakMeister

RPh
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2012
Connecticut
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Pharmacy Student, Pharmacist
so recently in one of my lab class I received an (xF) failure to academic dishonesty "improper citation" I already turned in my application on pharmcas and I have two interviews (Eastern shore, Notredame) already at this point I amm really depressed because everything was ok until this situation happened. Do I still have a chance of getting into a pharmacy school? and will they even consider me after I tell them in my interview. I feel hopeless have anyone ever gone through this situation I really hope this is not the end of my career. :/ honesty needed pls
If your "dishonesty" was on purpose, then you may want to plan carefully and interpret it to the AdComs craftily. Otherwise, you can bank on the spectacular aspects of your portfolio which may rule over this. Good luck!

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2012
Status
Pharmacist
You #1 may have to retake the class, and #2 will need to prepare to address this if they ask you.

Sugoi Travis

7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2012
Status
Pharmacist
If you don't mind, can you elaborate on this improper citation? I'm imagining that you failed the class because you didn't put citations for a certain lab assignment/whatever, which I find kind of hard to wrap my mind around.

Nov 19, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student
If you don't mind, can you elaborate on this improper citation? I'm imagining that you failed the class because you didn't put citations for a certain lab assignment/whatever, which I find kind of hard to wrap my mind around.
I had trouble figuring this out as well. But I am assuming that he got caught copy/pasting something which lead to some sort of academic dishonesty/cheating which gave him the F. This was my assumption. But please correct me if this is incorrect.
If this is the case, then you will have to explain yourself sooner or later. Most pharmacy schools want students who have a high level of ethics (as it is required for this field of work). However, no one is perfect. If you show true remorse for your actions, re-take the class and ace it, you still might have a chance. Good luck, I wish you the best!