academic dishonesty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reallylostnow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious, has anyone ever made it to d school with academic dishonesty on their undergraduate record?

Members don't see this ad.

How would it be on the record? You mean as an expulsion and then being asked why? I don't think transcripts list reasons for academic judicial action or stuff like that, right...?

But regardless, that's one thing dental schools all agree on: they're rabidly against academic dishonesty. There's basically two ways to get expelled from Buffalo: making fun of your cadaver and cheating. (If you fail, they desperately try to help you and keep you on.) This is the same across dentistry since it's such a trust-based, peer-driven field. I imagine academic dishonesty would be more serious than a criminal record, from what I've seen of their priorities.

Ah...I think it's REALLY hard if you have an F (R) on your transcript meaning failure for reason. YOu better have excellent stats and be able to explain it. i know my university won't get rid of it from your transcript... I don't know this first hand of course, but i do know a guy that got kicked out of our program freshman year for that.