ACADEMIC PATHOLOGY RUNNING INDENTURED SERVANT PROGRAM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrombus

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The academic pathology cartel as we all know is running the profession into the ground as they employ cheap foreign nationals, many times coming from very marginal foreign medical schools, so that they can receive free PA work and also capture hundreds of thousands of dollars of government money. These marginally trained foreign nationals then are employed by big corporations and used by hospital administration to steal business and profits from American graduates and citizens, as they work for pennies on the dollar, and they do very poor work.

As demonstrated by my latest ban, Academics will stop at nothing to shut down those who call out their crooked schemes. These anti free speech scoundrels are killing the profession and have turned out institions including the CAP and ABP into agents of nothing other than harassment and red tape.

It is time to rise up and take these institutions back and also defund Big Academia and their Ivory Towers and subject them to the same market forces that we all deal with!

FPN!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The academic pathology cartel as we all know is running the profession into the ground as they employ cheap foreign nationals, many times coming from very marginal foreign medical schools, so that they can receive free PA work and also capture hundreds of thousands of dollars of government money. These marginally trained foreign nationals then are employed by big corporations and used by hospital administration to steal business and profits from American graduates and citizens, as they work for pennies on the dollar, and they do very poor work.

As demonstrated by my latest ban, Academics will stop at nothing to shut down those who call out their crooked schemes. These anti free speech scoundrels are killing the profession and have turned out institions including the CAP and ABP into agents of nothing other than harassment and red tape.

It is time to rise up and take these institutions back and also defund Big Academia and their Ivory Towers and subject them to the same market forces that we all deal with!

FPN!!!
Perhaps a little too vitriolic but some grains of truth. It won't happen.We are too divided,have clashing self interest and are too pansified.

Members don't see this ad :)

FPN!!!

I personally thank for your this inspirational message dear Dr. Thrombus :thumbup:
You have raised my hopes again :bow:

An urologist who is planning to get into Path, from Turkey o_O

Last edited:
Everyone better get their emotional support animals out. Thrombus is back

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone better get their emotional support animals out. Thrombus is back
I'M glad he is because someone needs to keep YELLING about the over supply and the pathology shortage BS the CAP and BIG LAB-ACADEMIA,but i repeat myself,keep touting.We have diminishing reimbursement, power and respect in community hospitals because of this market place phenomenon.

Reactions: 1 users
Thrombus - welcome back

I also wonder why a thread on job posts has become sticky - no one uses this site to look for jobs.

And none of the many threads about the job market, the notion that organized path is overtraining, etc has ever become sticky.

FPN!!!
Thrombus,
You need to get a life. Attacking IMG's all the times sounds like a broken record. They are hired because there are positions available, not as cheap foreign nationals. All of them come through a system which works(ECFMG certification, credential verification etc). All of them pass boards, and do well or better. Get your head out of your rear end, and find a decent job.

Also for your information, getting into a medical school in other countries(few exceptions like islands) is harder than you think. Have you seen USMLE scores of IMG's these days?

Thrombus,
You need to get a life. Attacking IMG's all the times sounds like a broken record. They are hired because there are positions available, not as cheap foreign nationals. All of them come through a system which works(ECFMG certification, credential verification etc). All of them pass boards, and do well or better. Get your head out of your rear end, and find a decent job.

No they are brought here because bringing them here is like winning the lottery for BIG CORRUPT ACADEMIA. BIG CORRUPT ACADEMIA gets hundreds of thousands of dollars from the government per resident and also gets free PA/secretarial/transcriptionist help. The Foreign National residents are pawns. Clearly, you are not capable of understanding the situation that we are in. My advice to you is to learn more and be heard from less.

No they are brought here because bringing them here is like winning the lottery for BIG CORRUPT ACADEMIA. BIG CORRUPT ACADEMIA gets hundreds of thousands of dollars from the government per resident and also gets free PA/secretarial/transcriptionist help. The Foreign National residents are pawns. Clearly, you are not capable of understanding the situation that we are in. My advice to you is to learn more and be heard from less.
You mean to say 6000 residents who are IMG's each year, are brought here as pawns? That is stupid. Pathology is not first choice for majority of the applicants, hence the problem. International students excel in STEM fields not because they are cheap labor, but they have more interest and drive to excel in these fields. My 19 year old who is in college told me that!
I agree that programs use residents as PA's, but it has nothing to do with which school they come from. I have not seen a program, where IMG's do the grossing, and AMG's don't. Your problem is with the oversupply of pathologists, which we all agree with.
You are a physician with years of post graduate training. Show some class, and respect for your fellow physicians.

SAT question:

BIG ACADEMIA : Thrombus ::

A. A Wall : Trump
B. NRA : Their Lane
C. Deep State : QAnon
D. Abortion : Evangelicals
E. Transgender : Liberals

You have 30 seconds

SAT question:

BIG ACADEMIA : Thrombus ::

A. A Wall : Trump
B. NRA : Their Lane
C. Deep State : QAnon
D. Abortion : Evangelicals
E. Transgender : Liberals

You have 30 seconds
And you are an ACADEMICIAN more than likely

You mean to say 6000 residents who are IMG's each year, are brought here as pawns? That is stupid. Pathology is not first choice for majority of the applicants, hence the problem. International students excel in STEM fields not because they are cheap labor, but they have more interest and drive to excel in these fields. My 19 year old who is in college told me that!
I agree that programs use residents as PA's, but it has nothing to do with which school they come from. I have not seen a program, where IMG's do the grossing, and AMG's don't. Your problem is with the oversupply of pathologists, which we all agree with.
You are a physician with years of post graduate training. Show some class, and respect for your fellow physicians.

Unfortunately, I do not think you are able to fully understand the nature of the problem nor the nature of what I am saying. You are misconstruing everything I have been saying, in your own mind, which seems to have a persecution complex? Perhaps you are one of those that has been boiled long enough to accept a fate that shouldn't have to be accepted?

Just know that I am fighting to help anyone and everyone in the profession from the guy 1 year out to the gal 40 years in who want to WORK HARD and take care of people, and be properly compensated and treated like the intelligent, conscientious PROFESSIONALS that they are.

Unfortunately, I do not think you are able to fully understand the nature of the problem nor the nature of what I am saying. You are misconstruing everything I have been saying, in your own mind, which seems to have a persecution complex? Perhaps you are one of those that has been boiled long enough to accept a fate that shouldn't have to be accepted?

Just know that I am fighting to help anyone and everyone in the profession from the guy 1 year out to the gal 40 years in who want to WORK HARD and take care of people, and be properly compensated and treated like the intelligent, conscientious PROFESSIONALS that they are.
Dude,
You are not accepting the reality and nature of the business. Consolidation, and cost cutting are happening all across the board. Ask any Internal medicine person in PP. Pathology is a field not for everyone. You have to consider all the pros and cons before committing to it. Life of pathology residents is much better than any other field. I don't think I ever stayed past 4,30pm in my residency, fellowship, and job. Never ever worked on a weekend, and made plenty of money. When I graduated in 2004, starting salary was $150K in PP, and $120K in academics, and job market sucked. It is better now I guess. It is a niche market, where business model, medicare reimbursements change constantly. Accept it and try to be a productive team player.

Dude,
You are not accepting the reality and nature of the business. Consolidation, and cost cutting are happening all across the board. Ask any Internal medicine person in PP. Pathology is a field not for everyone. You have to consider all the pros and cons before committing to it. Life of pathology residents is much better than any other field. I don't think I ever stayed past 4,30pm in my residency, fellowship, and job. Never ever worked on a weekend, and made plenty of money. When I graduated in 2004, starting salary was $150K in PP, and $120K in academics, and job market sucked. It is better now I guess. It is a niche market, where business model, medicare reimbursements change constantly. Accept it and try to be a productive team player.

You fail to understand market forces and economic leverage and it is pointless to continue to engage. FAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.