Academic Probation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

Aeneas

So today, which happens to be my birthday, I received a letter from my college saying I'm on academic probation. What a present. It was exactly what was missing to make my day. This pretty much completes my disaster of a semester. It started when my mother was admitted to the hospital. It continued with my car crash, in which my car was totalled. I was blamed for the accident since the police officer didn't put in the report that the other guy didn't have his headlights on and this was at night. It was incredibly reassuring when my car was towed off, and the guy who was towing it said: "Holy ****! If that car had struck your door, instead of the rear door, you'd be in the hospital right now". Thank you towing guy for that comment, it really helped me a lot. My girlfriend then told me that she might be pregnant. Needless to say I was a little bit distracted this semester, and couldn't concentrate on my schoolwork. So now I am looking forward to meeting with my academic advisor, who has already threatened to drop me from the honors program, and seems to believe me to be a failure. This is f*cking ridiculous, how can all this **** be happening to me right now?

Members don't see this ad.

i was put on academic probation the semester before i started taking premed courses (not that my grades were that much better after the probation episode) bc i took a really bad accounting course and ended up with a gpa .007 points lower than the minimum. . . no, it didnt irritate me at all . . .