Academic Probation :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish someone would invent "punch-a-vision" for computer screens.

Members don't see this ad.

the poster hasnt said anything offensive yet, and until he does i think we all should be more sympathetic. (myself included) I wouldnt classify him/her as a troll based simply on the mistake to post an allo thread in a pre-allo forum. I believe this thread is appropriate, but at the same time I believe that it is in the wrong place.

I think that in order for us to help you answer this question, we first need to know the name of your school??

Members don't see this ad :)
You really should be asking this in the allo forum because we're just PRE meds who don't have experience in med schools.

If you fail a single course, it's often possible to retake it in the summer. You need to talk to your school to find out what your options are right now, and what they will be if you fail either one or two courses.

You're getting at least the same amount of instruction and help as your classmates, aren't you? Unless they are all also failing, you wouldn't have any legal grounds to sue anyone for your own failures. Schools make good attempt at choosing students they believe will succeed, but acceptance does not equal a guarantee that you actually are capable of keeping up. That's your responsibility.

Your old posts indicate that you've always had a bit of struggle with the sciences and had a 3.0 during your sophomore year. How much were you able to raise that GPA by graduation? What was your "pretty good score" on the MCAT? What one person considers pretty good isn't necessarily what another does.

Are there tutors available there, perhaps even other students you could pay to help you? If your daddy's a judge with money to buy you a Lexus, there must be money enough to pay the best tutors you can find. You could tell your daddy about a "friend" who is wondering about litigation and ask his opinion about that. A judge should be better acquainted with that than we are.

There is also sometimes the option of being allowed to take a year off. If push comes to shove, maybe you could arrange to do that while you reconsider options or learn how to learn their way. These won't be your last science classes. You have plenty more coming up. You need to get a handle on how to pass them now, before you invest more time and money in futile effort.

I don't know anything about foreign school admissions, but my guess is that it would probably be easier to get in if you were to do it BEFORE being dismissed.

Honestly, your name, reasons you've given for choosing that name, and your past posts, make it very difficult to answer your questions politely. I hope that you're quickly maturing past your lewdness and rudeness, because those attributes can get you booted out during your clinical years for "lack of professionalism". That's a broad and subjective charge category which is difficult to fight, and would be even more difficult to argue against with probation on your record. So, even if you succeed in learning how to learn science, you're going to have to be extra careful to carry a professional attitude.

Hey Cheerchick. I might be able to help ya, cause I was in a similar situation last year. I was taking molecular genetics, cell bio, and biochemistry II and was really behind on all of them, getting low scores, the whole deal. So, I studied and studied using flashcards and my notes, but just didn't feel like I was getting anything out of it. I eventually just pulled an all-nighter and got up enough confidence to take the test comfortably, but then I realized I let my roommate borrow my car and my test was in half an hour, and campus was about 15 minutes away! I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare, but I thought 'Now forget it. Yo homes, to Bel Air!". I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes smell ya later!". I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

Hope this helps!

But when I pull an all nighter I can't concentrate the next day and my eyes look all baggy :(

Zony pulled a Fresh Prince and you didn't even notice. :laugh:

Maybe try something other than rote memorization (e.g. THINK about the material; don't use flashcards).

Sounds like the adcom made a mistake in admitting you.

Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

GZA...is your name an abbreviation for gyoza? I love gyoza. I always order it as my appetizer when I get sushi:love:

you ARE an idiot. Did it ever occur to you that you do not have the brains, work ethic, maturity, etc. to BE a doctor?? it is my understanding that it is quite hard to be kicked out of med school. particularly an ivy league school, because they DO give remedial help if needed.

hence, i doubt at least some of your story. the stupid part i believe.

you ARE an idiot. Did it ever occur to you that you do not have the brains, work ethic, maturity, etc. to BE a doctor?? it is my understanding that it is quite hard to be kicked out of med school. particularly an ivy league school, because they DO give remedial help if needed.

hence, i doubt at least some of your story. the stupid part i believe.

Whew, somebody needs to pull the tighty whities out of their buttcrack. Either that, or there's some really pent up sexual frustration over there:laugh:

Anyways, I don't see why we need to result to childish name calling. You claim that I'm immature, yet you're calling somebody who is trying to ask a legitimate question that you've never met an "idiot."

Also, to the person that said that the adcoms made a mistake bya admitting me :( , you really have no right to say that. I may have had a 3.0 my sophomore year but since then I got an A- in general chem 1, a B+ in general chem 2, a B in organic chem 1, a B+ in organic chem 2, and an A- in both physics classes. Plus A's and B+'s in the labs. I also got mainly A-'s and A's in all my other classes. On the MCAT I got a 34, and I have volunteer experience in the peds unit of the hospital. I would say that I'm just as qualified for medical school as anyone else here, so shut up.

To everyone that's been offering me good advice, I really do appreciate it and I'm going to try the techniques.

CheerChick- I find you painful and your posts arduous.

Are you sure you aren't at med school for the Mrs. degree? I hear it doesn't require much studying...

Status
Not open for further replies.