Academic Record reflection/Chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmd12

Reaction score
Hi. I applied for PT school. My GPA is not stellar. cGPA 2.98 pGPA: 3.4
so my sophomore year of college I suffered a concussion and it really messed me up academically and I developed a lot of anxiety. It was obvious in my GPA trend when I was struggling because I would have 2.7 GPA when I was dealing with my concussion and then a year later I had around 3.8 and 3.2 consistently and have been making As in my science classes. I'm a tech at two clinics with over 1200 hours and 3 LOR 2 from PTs one on an admissions committee. I have volunteer and community experience, am a COVID screener, and think I wrote a bomb essay. I just want to know if the committee will really take into consideration the fact that I struggled with this injury for a year? Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think as long as you meet the minimum requirements for the schools you're applying to they will consider those factors. I feel like you could talk about the concussion in your personal statement too since you want that to be taken into account. Since your cGPA is under a 3.0, I would just make sure your app isn't thrown away since it doesn't meet the min. so contact the schools! Other than that your pGPA isn't bad and also if your GRE is good then that helps.

I think as long as you meet the minimum requirements for the schools you're applying to they will consider those factors. I feel like you could talk about the concussion in your personal statement too since you want that to be taken into account. Since your cGPA is under a 3.0, I would just make sure your app isn't thrown away since it doesn't meet the min. so contact the schools! Other than that your pGPA isn't bad and also if your GRE is good then that helps.

Thanks for the advice!