Academic Renewal question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshwake

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I got a E in some lame computer class back in 1998 in my first year of college. Just didn't care much about school and it was a dumb thing to do, but anyway, I can apply for an "Academic Renewal" which would make it so the grade would not affect my Gpa, yet it still would show up on my transcript (at least I'm pretty sure it will)

So I am guessing that even if I did apply for an Academic Renewal for the course that Dental schools will still caculate the E into my gpa, does anyone here know for sure? thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I found that AADSAS calculated every class you have ever taken into your cum. gpa. Even the classes I did bad in then retook it a second time. AADSAS calculated the bad grade and the good grade for the class. My advice would be, if the class you got the E in was a science class, then apply for the academic renewal and retake the class to show dental schools your improvement. However, just know that because the university may give you a clean slate through "academic renewal", the grade will still show up on your gpa as calculated through AADSAS.