Academic Update dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perioxperiox999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just finished my senior fall semester. I applied to dental schools in September; I did fairly well on my DAT. but my GPA is not that high at all, throughout my college career i went through many many personal issues and dealt with a lot of stress and anxiety hence me not doing well, I have A's but I also have some C's and did get a D in orgo 2 but retook it and got an A. This semester I took on 5 hard science classes all 400 and 300 classes and I got B+,B+,B+,A,A. I ended up getting a ~3.6 which is the highest GPA i have ever gotten. I really wanted to prove myself, and have not gotten rejected from any schools yet and wanted to know if the academic update really matters and if schools take it into consideration

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same position (got all A's but 1 B). I've improved my gpa and just did the academic update and sent in my transcripts. I am hoping that they don't make any decision until they see the update. I was wondering if I can call the schools and ask them to do that.