Academic Update question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xdothedew

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. This forum is great with awesome information. I have a question regarding the academic update form. I plan on submitting the application today (Dec 31) (Yeah.. I know i know.. i should have done it earlier). Should I include the new grades that I just got from my Fall semester? Or should I wait for the academic update form. Also, I already told my university to send in my transcript last month and it's already in the AADSAS possession (but the grades go up to Spring semester 04). If I decide to input the new grades, is it okay for me to tell my school to send in another transcript with the updated grades? Thanks and have a great New Year

Members don't see this ad.

The school expects to see grades of the fall now. If you don't submit it, they assume that you didn't attend that semester. You are planning to submit your application today then you should include grades of the fall. It will take about 5 weeks to have your application processed, so you can turn in any other doccuments (transcripts and letters) later during this 5 weeks. You should resubmit your transcript with new grades. Watch out- Today may be the deadline of some schools. You are not late yet. At your state school, you still have a lot of chances. At private school, now you need to have high stat to get in. Be patient!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have everything in. I actually went through my health and sciences evaluation committee and was recommended for dental school, so I had that letter turned in also. So, hopefully everything should be all set. :)

CuRy said:
The school expects to see grades of the fall now. If you don't submit it, they assume that you didn't attend that semester. You are planning to submit your application today then you should include grades of the fall. It will take about 5 weeks to have your application processed, so you can turn in any other doccuments (transcripts and letters) later during this 5 weeks. You should resubmit your transcript with new grades. Watch out- Today may be the deadline of some schools. You are not late yet. At your state school, you still have a lot of chances. At private school, now you need to have high stat to get in. Be patient!