Academic update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsapphire

Office of the medical examiner.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I took two more classes this fall for my Bio info degree, listing them as " in progress" in ACOMAS. They were computing II and calc II, neither of which count in the sci GPA but do count for the overall. I got a B in both, but it barely makes a dent in my overall GPA.
Do I do an academic update? I only have one invite ( PM for school, don't wanna put to much info on here). Do we only do academic updates post -A? Please help. I know for MD it's post A only because you can't do academic updates in AMCAS but I am so confused right now....

Thanks,
mwsapphire

Members don't see this ad.

I would personally update after acceptance or if they ask for it. Those B's might not hurt, but they're definitely not going to help.

Reactions: 1 user
I would personally update after acceptance or if they ask for it. Those B's might not hurt, but they're definitely not going to help.
It's 8 credits out of 122 so I was hoping it wouldnt hurt much ( especially since non science GPA, trying not to stress hahah). But I see your point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I took two more classes this fall for my Bio info degree, listing them as " in progress" in ACOMAS. They were computing II and calc II, neither of which count in the sci GPA but do count for the overall. I got a B in both, but it barely makes a dent in my overall GPA.
Do I do an academic update? I only have one invite ( PM for school, don't wanna put to much info on here). Do we only do academic updates post -A? Please help. I know for MD it's post A only because you can't do academic updates in AMCAS but I am so confused right now....

Thanks,
mwsapphire
Not worth it

Reactions: 1 user
Not worth it
Alright. If they require it post-A it looks like it won't hurt me in that case ( since post A grades just need to be B'a or higher. Its also just 8 creds out of 122).