Academic Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itssammi66

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have completed the Academic Update on PTCAS, how long did it take them to verify?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have completed the Academic Update on PTCAS, how long did it take them to verify?
Going off of the original question, once PTCAS says it’s been verified, do the schools also say they’ve received the information like they do when they receive your initial application? I want to make sure everything is squared away before committing to a program, so should I just reach out to them to make sure?

Members don't see this ad :)
Going off of the original question, once PTCAS says it’s been verified, do the schools also say they’ve received the information like they do when they receive your initial application? I want to make sure everything is squared away before committing to a program, so should I just reach out to them to make sure?
I'm not sure- maybe reach out to them? Can you let me know when you find out the answer to that?! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Is this still true for others that submitted around the holidays? I am slightly concerned, my transcripts were received a little over a week ago but I haven't heard anything else. Is that normal?
I actually did the updates few days ago and requested the transcript two days ago. I have not heard anything back yet. I assume it is because of the holidays season.

Is this still true for others that submitted around the holidays? I am slightly concerned, my transcripts were received a little over a week ago but I haven't heard anything else. Is that normal?
Mine took about 6 days, but that was before the new year. I’m sure it’s taking longer because of that!

Mine took the full 2 weeks. I wasn't notified I had to go in and look at the breakdown of calculated gpa's etc to see my classes listed as "verified." Then submit updates

I sent in two transcripts to PTCAS before I submitted the Academic Update Submission, but now that I've dug around in the Applicant Help Centre it said that we had to request the transcripts after we got a confirmation for the AU... Is anyone else in the same situation? Should I just resend them?

Don't resend the transcripts. Live chat with someone on PTCAS and ask them if you app is in line to be reverified or if they received the transcripts? Whatever they say, if PTCAS has all the necessary info they can put you in line to be verified.

I had a similar problem where they said I sent the transcripts too early however they put me in line to be verified the day I chatted with them and my app was completed the next day. So save the money and time and just ask them!