Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could somebody tell me a little bit more about the difference between community, private practice vs academic setting psychiatry? The main thing I've heard is that the salaries are lower in academia. But... are the people in academia "better"? I care about doing a good job - I don't care about being the best, but I want to be surrounded by people who care about learning and improving their practices. I was hoping that at least in the few years after residency, I could practice in some sort of hospital (?academic?) setting so that I could learn from my more senior colleagues. But it is hard for me to start looking for a job when I am not clear on what possibilities are out there.
Other stuff - I do not see myself doing research longer term, but would probably not mind or even enjoy teaching.
Also - I really don't want to take any overnight call as an attending.
Thanks!
Other stuff - I do not see myself doing research longer term, but would probably not mind or even enjoy teaching.
Also - I really don't want to take any overnight call as an attending.
Thanks!