Academics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CajunGas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is it too early to look for an academic job? 1 year out is that too far? Thanks in advance.
CG

Members don't see this ad.

When is it too early to look for an academic job? 1 year out is that too far? Thanks in advance.
CG

It's never too early to express interest and get some information. We usually start the interviews in Nov. It's too early for the department to determine expected staffing needs for 15 months from now though.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. A couple of plcaes I was interested in have openings on gaswork. Should i contact them at this point? I am a ca3 and doing a 1 year fellowship cg

Thanks for the advice. A couple of plcaes I was interested in have openings on gaswork. Should i contact them at this point? I am a ca3 and doing a 1 year fellowship cg

It won't hurt to contact them early if they're advertising a position. Tell them when you'll be done with fellowship. Academic places often move at a glacial pace when it comes to getting contracts together, etc.