Accelerated BSN or Pre-Med pre reqs????

Started by ra206p
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ra206p

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

I got accepted to an accelerated BSN program this fall 2015. Im not sure if I should enroll, or just do 2 more years of med school prereqs?

I got my BA from a foreign country, did 29 credits (so far) in a community college for my accelerated BSN prereqs, have a greencard (but will be naturalized within a year), no student loans, and Im married with no kids. My husband has a job to support our household whatever path I choose.

At first, I was leaning towards being a RN and becoming a CRNA in the future. However, the process to becoming a CRNA is more or less 6 years (2 years RN school, at least 1 year ICU experience, and 3 years CRNA school).

To be a physician, i need to do at least 2 more years of pre-reqs, MCAT, and 4 years med school + years in residency.

I know med school is really, really rigorous and competitive, but i have read that CRNA is also hard and selective.

Any advice/input is appreciated.

Thanks guys!
 
Shadow and decide what career you want. Nursing is not going to make you happy if you want to be a physician. Neither will crna. But... You can balance family pretty well as a crna working part time and making crna wages.
 
Shadow and decide what career you want. Nursing is not going to make you happy if you want to be a physician. Neither will crna. But... You can balance family pretty well as a crna working part time and making crna wages.

Thanks for the response 🙂

If i may ask, are you RN/CRNA? Yes, i am planning to do some shadowing on both. Thank u 🙂