accelerated RN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cmaj7th

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my community college has an accelerated RN associates degree. at the end of 14 months you have completed 60 credits and are awarded an ADN that transfers to BSNs. Im pre-med but would like some legitimate health care experience before medical school and financial stability.

I reckon one could get that and work part time as they finish their degree. would this be a good idea for someone wanting to learn how to be a clinician prior to medical school? I heard somewhere that adcoms are suspect of health care professionals applying, is this true? I figured an RN with a solid GPA and MCATS has as good a shot as anyone else.

Members don't see this ad.

my community college has an accelerated RN associates degree. at the end of 14 months you have completed 60 credits and are awarded an ADN that transfers to BSNs. Im pre-med but would like some legitimate health care experience before medical school and financial stability.

I reckon one could get that and work part time as they finish their degree. would this be a good idea for someone wanting to learn how to be a clinician prior to medical school? I heard somewhere that adcoms are suspect of health care professionals applying, is this true? I figured an RN with a solid GPA and MCATS has as good a shot as anyone else.

Hey, what community college would that be? I happened to live right next to one that offers a 1 year program as well.