ACceptace Letter Recognition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blue_moon01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It just occured to me that from Dec 1st onwards if I recieve small envelopes from any of the schools I applied to it could only signify a big FAT rejection!

Whereas, if a big FAT envelope arrived it almost certainly means a very wanted acceptance. What do you guys think?

Of course there are schools who also called/emailed their rejections and acceptances. My theory on that is

A phone call on Dec 1st onward means acceptance
An email on the other hand could mean either way or a waitlist.

So the only sure thing is a big FAT envelope.

So from now on I will pray for Big FAT envelopes!

Let's all pray for big fat envelopes!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

reminds me of college application

i was thinkin about this when i was taking a shower today.. they could always send an acceptance letter seperate in a small envelope..and have FAT packet follow a few days later...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance letter in a small envelope once. It freaked me out at first to get a small envelope. Made me sad. Then I read it, and woo hoo! I got in!?!?!?

It just occured to me that from Dec 1st onwards if I recieve small envelopes from any of the schools I applied to it could only signify a big FAT rejection!

Whereas, if a big FAT envelope arrived it almost certainly means a very wanted acceptance. What do you guys think?

Of course there are schools who also called/emailed their rejections and acceptances. My theory on that is

haha niiiice. i get a heartattack every time i get small envelopes these days.

Yeah, the fat envelope theory doesn't work so well for dental schools, from what I remember from last year. I think a phone call is the only sure bet!

If it is snail mail, does the letter arrive Dec 1 or do they send it out on Dec 1? Imagine not getting anything at all in the mail until Dec 3. I'm hoping for a phone call followed with a snail.

After Dec 1 is torture. There are laws against that type of cruel and unusual punsihment

If it is snail mail, does the letter arrive Dec 1 or do they send it out on Dec 1? Imagine not getting anything at all in the mail until Dec 3. I'm hoping for a phone call followed with a snail.

last year i got a phone call on dec 2nd from pitt. i was upset on the 1st because at the interview, they said if you get in we will call you on dec. 1st. if you dont get a call then youre not in and dont call us because we will be busy. soooo i was upset on dec. 1st and then i got 2 acceptances on the 2nd! pitt called and the lady said she lost her voice halfway through the acceptance calls the day before (ummm is there only 1 person in the office? email? anything?) i got my penn acceptance on the 2nd as well-although i think those receiving the deans scholarship got them on the 1st. i got my temple later, dated the 1st, a couple days later. i know some schools send them early so they arrive on the 1st, but im guessing most dont.

I actually got a rejection letter from UCSD once and it was fat with booklets of what I missed out on just to rub it in my face

I actually got a rejection letter from UCSD once and it was fat with booklets of what I missed out on just to rub it in my face

That has got to be the cruelest thing ever!

Whoa! seriously?
Hmmm.. OK . Change of strategy. Let's all pray for an letters/phone calls/ emails that begins with "CONGRATULATIONS"

ps. WHat was the point of them giving people booklets with a rejection. IT seem a bit insensitive. I mean Come on, we spend hard-earn money to apply and then spend more money to interview, obviously we already know how great of a school we're applying to. Man, it's just a bit wrong to rub it in. I can understand a waitlist letter with booklets, but rejection.. SO harsh!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, one of my acceptances was just two pages in a tiny envelope: a letter of acceptance and a random flyer inviting me to a final information session. So stay optimistic until you rip that baby open!!

That has to be a joke with the huge packet rejection letter...? Please? :confused:

Also, I freaked out on December 1st; I had only heard from Buffalo since they update their web site at midnight - no one else. All of a sudden, in the evening of the 2nd, AADSAS updated and I got snail mail stuff and everything all at once. So give it a few days, and luckily if you're rejected right-off they tend to mail those early too to get rid of any suspense.

if you haven't heard anything near the end of the day dec. 1st, which is a friday btw (already checked) is it bad to call the schools yourself and try to get through??? since dec.1 falls on a friday that means we will be waiting ALLLLLLLL weekend until monday for a call if we don't get it on friday :eek: now that is torture!!!!

Some schools will not mail out until December 1st, and depending on where you live in comparison to the school could mean 2-4 days for an acceptance. I know it is extremely difficult to wait for the great news, but we are all in the same boat.

Different schools do it differently. Some (on the east cost for example) send them out the last week of November, so that they reach the west coast by Dec 1. But that also means that the east coast people will get letters from those schools a couple of days before 12/1. Vice versa for west coast schools. Some schools don't even send them until the first business day after December 1.

It all depends...

:)

Different schools do it differently. Some (on the east cost for example) send them out the last week of November, so that they reach the west coast by Dec 1. But that also means that the east coast people will get letters from those schools a couple of days before 12/1. Vice versa for west coast schools. Some schools don't even send them until the first business day after December 1.

It all depends...

:)

omg. first business day after dec 1? i already have heart palpitations from the anticipation.

That's exactly what i was thinking last year. Then on december 28th, i went to the mail box and found a small envelope from Case. I was sure it was a rejection. Then when i opened it, i was wrong. The acceptance letter came in a small envelope and it was a single piece of paper. So good things come in small packages i guess.

I really don't think i can go through all that, i'm really, REALLY bad at being patient, let alone for an envelope or a call that predicts my future. I'm getting antsy thinking about it, and i'm applying for next cycle...and about the whole fat rejection thing...you must be kidding me, i would of called the school and ripped them a new one...or at least i think i would :p

Does this means that the only sure thing is to get a phone call on DEC 1st onwards?

From now until DEC 1st though, small envelopes from schools you've interviewed are bad news.

Don't forget AADSAS! Some update before they send their letters out.

So december 1st is the big date huh? Im kinda jealous because you guys are so close, but im also kinda happy because Im not the one sitting on a knifes edge for 2 months. Good luck to all...a year from know I will hopefully be in your positions