Acceptance and Transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nothen2do

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone (particularly UCSF folks) who is graduating this year and beginning d-school. Are you going to send in your transcripts after each quarter/semester, or at the end of the school year where the transcript will have all of your grades? Seems foolish to send in 3 more transcripts at 5 bucks a pop when I can just send one in at the end. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I will be graduating this May. The school I got accepted specifically stated that I send in that last transcript for this semester's grades-so I will be doing that....and my institution will be charging $5 per transcript..but it's a little price to pay to get into dental school. If you have more than one semester remaining before entering d-school, and uncertain if you have to send in an updated one after each semester, I'd call the admission office and ask. They'll be more than happy to help you.

nothen2do said:
For anyone (particularly UCSF folks) who is graduating this year and beginning d-school. Are you going to send in your transcripts after each quarter/semester, or at the end of the school year where the transcript will have all of your grades? Seems foolish to send in 3 more transcripts at 5 bucks a pop when I can just send one in at the end. Thanks

Hey nothen -

I'm going to UCSF too most likely...I think i would just call the admissions office - i'm planning on doing that. do you know where u're gonna live next year?

Members don't see this ad :)
poofy83 said:
Hey nothen -

I'm going to UCSF too most likely...I think i would just call the admissions office - i'm planning on doing that. do you know where u're gonna live next year?

No clue where im living. Im going to visit after spring break and look for housing. If there were any reasonably priced places to buy, I would do that, but im not putting too much hope. Do you know the neigborhood at all? Maybe we should start an official UCSF thread? Eh, too tired, Ill leave that for the morning

More than likely they'll just have you send in one final transcript. If you are earning a degree, then they'll want the transcript to reflect the degree that was granted.

It took my undergrad 4-5 weeks after earning the degree to have it posted on my transcript, so I as in dental school for 3 weeks before the school received my final transcript.