-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
acceptance conditions?
Started by dreamer5
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello all. I hope everyone's wish has come true. I'm just wondering if there's any condition on our acceptance other than college graduation? Thanks!
I know some schools don't even require you to graduate......when I went to UCLA, they told me that *if* i plan on graduating, then I need to send final transcripts
sucessful completion (c or better... i think) of any missing pre-reqs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
litldime, do you plan to get a degree before dental school starts?
Does baylor require a b.a. or b.s degree?
Does baylor require a b.a. or b.s degree?
i already have a b.s. degree...last i checked at baylor you don't need one...just have to do 90 hrs and complete pre-reqs...
sucessful completion (c or better... i think) of any missing pre-reqs
when they say "c" is a "c-" good enough???
Just dont get below a C and you should be fine.
Hey icechewer, you graduated from Davis yet? You applying this cycle?
Hey icechewer, you graduated from Davis yet? You applying this cycle?
are you guys for real?
Yes, my question is serious. Do you have a problem with it?
Just dont get below a C and you should be fine.
Hey icechewer, you graduated from Davis yet? You applying this cycle?
well, what about a c-?
I just got the letter from USC with the details: it says all classes that were planned including pre-reqs) must be completed with a "c" or better. C-,D,F grades are unacceptablewhen they say "c" is a "c-" good enough???
I just got the letter from USC with the details: it says all classes that were planned including pre-reqs) must be completed with a "c" or better. C-,D,F grades are unacceptable
wow... that sucks. but u probably don't have any c minuses.
haha yea... actually I still plan on A/Bs. I know its more work, but really.... why am I paying thousands per year? If I keep my act together I could get 4 year provost's honorswow... that sucks. but u probably don't have any c minuses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha yea... actually I still plan on A/Bs. I know its more work, but really.... why am I paying thousands per year? If I keep my act together I could get 4 year provost's honors
haha hattrack said we don't even need to graduate. My prereqs are done. I'll see when I get the official letters. Dropping out right about now is sounding great as I continue to procrastinate on another lab report. haha
jk. sorta.🙂
edit to add: plus I transferred, so I bet that negates me of any chances of honors at graduation......
Yes, try to avoid any felony convictions between now and then.Hello all. I hope everyone's wish has come true. I'm just wondering if there's any condition on our acceptance other than college graduation? Thanks!
What will happen if I cannot complete the PLANNED COURSES listed on AADSAS because I dropped some and added some other courses?
you better contact the schools and let them know about this and the changes you have made...you might want to also update aadsas
Does anybody know if changes in the graduation date would influence the acceptance decision?
I wrote in my TMDSAS that I would be completing my degree by 2007 Dec but due to some musunderstanding on my degree program with my undergrad advisor I found out that I would need to take 3 more classes to graduate.
So I wouldn't be able to get my degree by the end of this semester but by 2008 spring.
I couldn't change this on TMDSAS since changes were not permitted since Oct.
I would be able to take all the course that I listed in my application, but it's just the different timeline of graduation that is the problem.
I already called the schools and emailed them but got no response so far.
Do you guys think this would get my acceptance withdrawn?
I wrote in my TMDSAS that I would be completing my degree by 2007 Dec but due to some musunderstanding on my degree program with my undergrad advisor I found out that I would need to take 3 more classes to graduate.
So I wouldn't be able to get my degree by the end of this semester but by 2008 spring.
I couldn't change this on TMDSAS since changes were not permitted since Oct.
I would be able to take all the course that I listed in my application, but it's just the different timeline of graduation that is the problem.
I already called the schools and emailed them but got no response so far.
Do you guys think this would get my acceptance withdrawn?
I highly doubt it would make a difference. As long as it is before matriculation, you should be fine, considering it is necessary to finish. I am hoping to find out soon that I get in somewhere so I don't have to take classes in the spring.
Thanks for your reply!
I just got an email from the school saying that it doesn't matter as long as I graduate before matriculation.
They told me that I would have to complete the courses that were listed as planned to be taken in my application. So I was told that whatever was written on your application is what you should be completing before matriculation
I actually wanted to take some classes that would help for dental school in the spring instead of the class that I have left for my degree but oh well.. since that's what the school is asking for..
Good luck!!
I just got an email from the school saying that it doesn't matter as long as I graduate before matriculation.
They told me that I would have to complete the courses that were listed as planned to be taken in my application. So I was told that whatever was written on your application is what you should be completing before matriculation
I actually wanted to take some classes that would help for dental school in the spring instead of the class that I have left for my degree but oh well.. since that's what the school is asking for..
Good luck!!
What if we change the coursework that we planned to take?
Does it make any difference? For example, taking Plant Biology instead of Bacteriology...Plan is just plan...it can't be exact...
Does it make any difference? For example, taking Plant Biology instead of Bacteriology...Plan is just plan...it can't be exact...
Yeah.. that's the impression I got from the email, that a plan is just a plan..
So I think they understand that there can be some slight changes that could occur.. just email them or call them to see if the changes would be acceptable..
You probably need to email them anyways since they have to update those changes in your file..
I also got the impression that if you wrote on your application that you would be getting a degree, it is a must.
I emailed them on another question on wether I can change the institue that I would be taking those classes, and waiting for the reply..
So I think they understand that there can be some slight changes that could occur.. just email them or call them to see if the changes would be acceptable..
You probably need to email them anyways since they have to update those changes in your file..
I also got the impression that if you wrote on your application that you would be getting a degree, it is a must.
I emailed them on another question on wether I can change the institue that I would be taking those classes, and waiting for the reply..
Does anybody know if changes in the graduation date would influence the acceptance decision?
I wrote in my TMDSAS that I would be completing my degree by 2007 Dec but due to some musunderstanding on my degree program with my undergrad advisor I found out that I would need to take 3 more classes to graduate.
So I wouldn't be able to get my degree by the end of this semester but by 2008 spring.
I couldn't change this on TMDSAS since changes were not permitted since Oct.
I would be able to take all the course that I listed in my application, but it's just the different timeline of graduation that is the problem.
I already called the schools and emailed them but got no response so far.
Do you guys think this would get my acceptance withdrawn?
i doubt so but i would make every effort to contact the schools. Also contact tmdsas, (call or email)- when i moved my dat back, i emailed them and they replied saying thank you and i should let them know if anything else changes
What if we change the coursework that we planned to take?
Does it make any difference? For example, taking Plant Biology instead of Bacteriology...Plan is just plan...it can't be exact...
you need to let the schools and tmdsas know of your changes.
i changed my grad date from may 08 to dec. 07 and b/c of that i'm not taking any of my planned courses, but schools said that was fine. as long as i got a b.s. degree like i said i was going to, they didnt care 🙂
litldime, do you plan to get a degree before dental school starts?
Does baylor require a b.a. or b.s degree?
i already have a b.s. degree...last i checked at baylor you don't need one...just have to do 90 hrs and complete pre-reqs...
For the 2006 entering class, Baylor had only one enrollee with 3 years of college. The remaining are listed as having a Bacc. degree. (ADEA)
i was going off the baylor website w/ that info.
at my vcu interview the dean said he would hold you to anything you had written on your applications for planned coursework, and he said he would keep track..I still don't think they'll care if I don't take classes that have nothing to do with dental school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone really heard of a case where a person was rescinded after getting accepted? Like really heard of this truly happening to someone because of a bad grade? I mean, in my opinion, I really think that schools will make you retake a class that you did poorly in but would not kick you out over one grade AFTER being accepted. It's different if the person has not yet been accepted and then does poorly - then they totally would just not accept you.
however, i feel like most schools want to have people stay and get their degree - i mean afterall they like you enough to accept you - one grade is not going to kill you even if it is really bad. the worst that could happen is they would make you retake the class - at least this is what i hope bc my classes are really hard this year.
however, i feel like most schools want to have people stay and get their degree - i mean afterall they like you enough to accept you - one grade is not going to kill you even if it is really bad. the worst that could happen is they would make you retake the class - at least this is what i hope bc my classes are really hard this year.
After you have completed your class schedule/registration for next quarter/semester, I would contact your schools via email to update them. The chances are, unrelated classes won't matter, but it's not much effort to tell them anyway.What if we change the coursework that we planned to take?
Does it make any difference? For example, taking Plant Biology instead of Bacteriology...Plan is just plan...it can't be exact...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K