acceptance/deposit help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

grossmed198

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am starting to get interviews at schools but I have a concern about getting them early. Say I go for an interview at school "A" and find out that I later than get accepted to school "A" but have yet to receive an invitation to interview at any other school. Hypothetically I put a deposit down on school "A" and afterward start getting interviews and acceptances at other schools that are a better fit for me/ I have more of an interest attending, does school "A" notify other schools that I have accepted their offer and will I not get any more interviews? Am I allowed to make a deposit to one school and withdraw my acceptance if I get into another school I rather attend? I am not worried or concerned about losing the money for the deposit. I don't care if I lose my deposit if that is the case. If I am put in this situation am I allowed to put a deposit down for one school and accept their offer but have the ability to withdraw it if a better acceptance comes along/ interview? How does this all work? HELP!
 
I am starting to get interviews at schools but I have a concern about getting them early. Say I go for an interview at school "A" and find out that I later than get accepted to school "A" but have yet to receive an invitation to interview at any other school. Hypothetically I put a deposit down on school "A" and afterward start getting interviews and acceptances at other schools that are a better fit for me/ I have more of an interest attending, does school "A" notify other schools that I have accepted their offer and will I not get any more interviews? Am I allowed to make a deposit to one school and withdraw my acceptance if I get into another school I rather attend? I am not worried or concerned about losing the money for the deposit. I don't care if I lose my deposit if that is the case. If I am put in this situation am I allowed to put a deposit down for one school and accept their offer but have the ability to withdraw it if a better acceptance comes along/ interview? How does this all work? HELP!
Yes you are allowed to hold multiple acceptances until a specific date (in March I believe?) where you must decide on a school.