SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Acceptance during 1-year Master's

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Gordon9721, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Gordon9721

Gordon9721 2+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    To all students in dental school or recently out of dschool,
    How many of you had success the immediate year after graduating from college? Anyone who pursued a 1-year master's, did you get interviewed and accepted quickly? or did it take some time? I'm wondering because the dschools really won't have much too look at that is new on your application-educationally speaking. The only thing new on an application (educationally) would be senior year, unless they judge you after your first semester at grad school. Just wondering. Any comments from those that pursued master's programs from wayne state in detroit, michigan, barry university in miami, florida, or loyola university in chicago, illinois would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. shamrock2006

shamrock2006 5+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    I went to Loyola Chicago....and although this doesnt really apply to your question, the 1 yr masters program I believe you are referring to is the MAMS program..which, at least when I graduated in 06...was strictly for those who were not accepted to medical school and wanted to take an extra year of upper level sciences to boost their #'s. I know that's of little to no help..but unless they changed it dont bother applying to the program