acceptance letters after dec 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twinklit

UCSF2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
typically, how long after dec 1 will schools send out their acceptance letters until? I know that the first round of letters is sent out dec 1, but how many rounds are there total typically? Approximately how many % of the class will be filled after those letters are sent out? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

twinklit said:
typically, how long after dec 1 will schools send out their acceptance letters until? I know that the first round of letters is sent out dec 1, but how many rounds are there total typically? Approximately how many % of the class will be filled after those letters are sent out? Thank you

There are a lot of variables involved: how many letters are sent out in a batch, and more importantly, how many students accept those offers. The former depends on each school while the later is completely up in the air and there is no way to quantify those values. It is not uncommon for applicants to place a deposit down only to pull out at the last minute when they hear from their top school, and this futher complicates the matter. This is why some schools still pull people off of the waitlist days before class starts. I have heard that it is typical for some schools to have 1/4 or 1/3 of applicants accept the schools offer while others it is a lot higher.