Acceptance of Pharmacy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nhc20042000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what pharmacy schools are not as hard to get in as others because I want to apply to my top choices like midwestern, usc, wayne state but I want back up schools, not to be mean or anything but there are some schools that are easier to get in?

Members don't see this ad.

I understand your concern, but this question has been asked before. You can search through the posts. If you still can't find the answer, I'm sure all the friendly people in this forum will be happy to help you out =)

I would like to know as well and whats the harm in posting again? there are thousands of posts that we would have to look though and we are pre-pharm so we can't spend hours looking through old posts.

I am sure those that are getting ready to apply next year and take the PCAT this spring would like to know what to shoot for if they don't have a dream school and just have a dream major of PharmD

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to know as well and whats the harm in posting again? there are thousands of posts that we would have to look though and we are pre-pharm so we can't spend hours looking through old posts.

Well gosh, I'm awfully sorry you don't think you have the time, but the other side of this issue is that some of us have answered the same questions over and over again. So here's the deal: if you want the information, you should take the time to look it up.

There's a ton of really, really good information in those threads that you'd find if you researched it on your own. Maybe you'd better not bother, though- just keep in mind that your competition is certainly looking for that info, and they'll probably be happy that you don't want to be inconvenienced.

Your call.

I think most people will tell you that the newer schools are usually easier to get into. Of course, you are then taking a risk because the school is not yet accredited. Generally in-state public will be easier than out-of-state public, and private schools may be easier if they don't care about your state of residency (and because of their high cost). :luck:

I'm sorry guys but I can't find it :(! I'm new to this forum, I really need help! Can someone lead me in the right direction.

What mustang sally said is the summary. I don't think there is really anything to add to that.

I'm sure all the friendly people in this forum will be happy to help you out =)

Well gosh, I'm awfully sorry you don't think you have the time, but the other side of this issue is that some of us have answered the same questions over and over again. So here's the deal: if you want the information, you should take the time to look it up.

Oh, sure all of the friendly people...:laugh:

My backup school is Incarnate Word in San Antonio. I know of people who were accepted with a 40 PCAT.

Oh, sure all of the friendly people...:laugh:

My backup school is Incarnate Word in San Antonio. I know of people who were accepted with a 40 PCAT.

Yes.

And you know that because you did some sort of research into the school.

I've researched different schools but this forum is designed for us to answer questions. I'm new here so I did not that this question was asked but it would be nice if I had an answer, but oh well!

As mentioned above, the newer schools are generally "easier." Also, you have to tailor your school choices to your strengths and weaknesses. For example, do you have a weak PCAT score and strong GPA? Then you can apply to the schools that don't require PCAT scores in addition to your top choices as backups. However, forwarding what was mentioned in the other posts, there is technically no "easy" school.
hope this helps you out more

For schools that dont require PCAT...will they take into consideration that you've scored high on the PCAT to offset a low GPA?

For schools that dont require PCAT...will they take into consideration that you've scored high on the PCAT to offset a low GPA?

Though schools like USC will consider PCAT scores despite not requiring them, most non-PCAT schools will introduce your score report to the trashcan.;)