Acceptance Rate after Dec. 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hyunin1210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it higher or lower than pre dec 1st?
Just got an interview at my top choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Lower. Seats are filled (theoretically) on December 1st and you are competing for others for a lower number of seats until they are all taken.

Reactions: 1 user
Lower. Seats are filled (theoretically) on December 1st and you are competing for others for a lower number of seats until they are all taken.

Thanks for the reply! Do you think that I have a better chance than those who have been waitlisted already? I don't think they interview too many people after December 1st either

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply! Do you think that I have a better chance than those who have been waitlisted already? I don't think they interview too many people after December 1st either
I have no idea how it works in a situation like that. Best of luck!!

Some schools interview slowly (umich, Columbia...probably more but these are the ones I know about because I applied there) and a post-December invite gives the same chances as an earlier one. But most schools you have a smaller chance

As baronen26 mentioned, it varies a bit by school. Some schools begin interviewing later so your chances post-Dec 1. are still very good. For others, most spots will be filled by then so you're chances aren't too great at that point.

Thank you both for the info. I will just do my best