Quantcast

Acceptance Rate after Dec. 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hyunin1210

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it higher or lower than pre dec 1st?
Just got an interview at my top choice.

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lower. Seats are filled (theoretically) on December 1st and you are competing for others for a lower number of seats until they are all taken.

Reactions: 1 user

Hyunin1210

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lower. Seats are filled (theoretically) on December 1st and you are competing for others for a lower number of seats until they are all taken.

Thanks for the reply! Do you think that I have a better chance than those who have been waitlisted already? I don't think they interview too many people after December 1st either

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Do you think that I have a better chance than those who have been waitlisted already? I don't think they interview too many people after December 1st either
I have no idea how it works in a situation like that. Best of luck!!

baronen26

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools interview slowly (umich, Columbia...probably more but these are the ones I know about because I applied there) and a post-December invite gives the same chances as an earlier one. But most schools you have a smaller chance

BioForLife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As baronen26 mentioned, it varies a bit by school. Some schools begin interviewing later so your chances post-Dec 1. are still very good. For others, most spots will be filled by then so you're chances aren't too great at that point.

Hyunin1210

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the info. I will just do my best