Quantcast

acceptance rates after interviews for 2007

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hpets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone kept track of what the adcoms say about interviewed vs accepted? i know at:
uconn they said you have approx a 50% if interviewed
penn: interviewed about 360-380

one of the threads here said columbia has an 80% acceptance rate for those interviewed. anyone else agree? any other stats?

ddsjymaeng

dentalschoolgogogo
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
80 who got accepted choose to go to columbia
for columbia 250 interview and 125 get accepted
from 125 about 60%-80% chooses that school

hpets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't understand how predents can help with this question

coolraz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
it tells you how many ppl interviewed and got accepted. just the ppl on who registered on the site, but it gives you a good idea esepcialyl if your scores compare to those ppls

dr.rex

rexadactyl nights
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
indiana interviews ~270 out of state students and will accept 90 on dec 1

4thQtrDreams

Good times, for a change.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
WOW.. heres what i found on Predents..

Of those interviewed:
UoP accepted 92% (23 applicants) :clap: :clap:
upenn accepted 89% (34 applicants)
UCLA accepted 91% (22 applicants)
Columbia accpeted 71% (29 applicants)
most schools were between 50-70% acceptance rate for those interviewed

about 5 school were at 100% but had too few applicants for those numbers to mean much

NYU accepted 138% of those interviewed.. meaning many were accepted w/o interview

I'm very excited about these number since i have a UoP interview scheduled (and i was told its an interview for a seat in the class, not for the waitlist!)

PedioDr0185

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You don't need to interview at NYU before they accept you?

Streetwolf

Ultra Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pre Dents is based on voluntary response, which means most people who put their info on it are *probably* at least in the top half of the applicant pool.

1) Many people don't know about the site.
2) Many people who are rejected from a school don't list it.
3) Many people might not update their info.
4) People may lie!

Not everyone who was granted an interview put their info on the site, and the ones that did were probably the ones more likely to get accepted. Thus I highly DOUBT UoP acceps 92% of interviewed applicants, and if you think NYU's 138% statistic is accurate you should probably review the QR section of the DAT again.

I would wager that anywhere between 50-80% of interviewed applicants are accepted at any given school, depending on the school, which is what you DID include in your post.

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not everyone who was granted an interview put their info on the site, and the ones that did were probably the ones more likely to get accepted. Thus I highly DOUBT UoP acceps 92% of interviewed applicants, and if you think NYU's 138% statistic is accurate you should probably review the QR section of the DAT again.
You're right about the UoP number of 92% being wrong; at the interview they told us it was 95-97% ;)

4thQtrDreams

Good times, for a change.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
its pretty obvious that predents is not a full sample size..
just trying to extrapolate some data from one of our only sources.

DDSY

Bright Lights at Night
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
its pretty obvious that predents is not a full sample size..
just trying to extrapolate some data from one of our only sources.

Yes, don't read too much into predents.com. The people who are more likely to list that they had an interview ARE the ones who had been accepted. And there are also many others who list that they have been accepted w/o listing that they had an interview from that respective school.

Yellow Snow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You don't need to interview at NYU before they accept you?

When I was there they said there is a new Dean of Admit so they aren't sure how many will be accepted w/o interview but that they heard some will still get the invite this way. It was kind of suprising how much the students and the admissions staff didn't know about their school.

ddsgirl347

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
indiana interviews ~270 out of state students and will accept 90 on dec 1

they send out 90 acceptances to out of state on dec 1? or total? it seems like sending out 90 out of state alone would be a lot to send out, and they could get themselves into trouble that way...?

hpets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i agree with all the comments about predents, i dont think its useful with acceptance rates etc. i started this thread because i was wondering if people remembered the admissions statistics the deans usually rattle off during interview day.

maksidaa

shaniqua
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think NOVA said they would interview like 350-400 people for just over 100 spots. i don't know how many acceptances they have to send out to fill those spots. i would guess about 150.

dr.rex

rexadactyl nights
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah we were told that at the interview 90 acceptances on dec 1 for out of state that is true, and they said that they will probably have to send out more in feb when the adcom meets to make the second decisions

TheNobleTooth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
they send out 90 acceptances to out of state on dec 1? or total? it seems like sending out 90 out of state alone would be a lot to send out, and they could get themselves into trouble that way...?

Out of the 90 acceptances, around 28-35 of them tend to matriculate at IU.

AnonymousADCOM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone kept track of what the adcoms say about interviewed vs accepted? i know at:
uconn they said you have approx a 50% if interviewed
penn: interviewed about 360-380

one of the threads here said columbia has an 80% acceptance rate for those interviewed. anyone else agree? any other stats?

how will knowing the acceptance rate help you? if you have an interview or interviews, just do well on them. that'll raise your chances of getting into a school. if you do crappily, then you're lowering your chances. simple as that. as for me, i see my acceptance rate at one particular school as being 50-50. i really dont see why knowing the acceptance rate helps. even with UoP's 95% acceptance rate, around 6-7 people will still be rejected. you're still going to worry about being one of those unlucky people. you need stats for yourself, which basically is impossible to calculate. if you were just curious about the stats and were wondering while realizing that knowing the stats wont help relieve your anxiety, then sorry for my ranting.

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told University of Kentucky offers about 150 interviews for 58 spots. Hope that helps.

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Brian suggested that temple was interviewing around 250ish before Dec 1st and would send out 175-200 letters from that pool.

brandon06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
university of florida = 400 interviews for 80 spots
1:5 ratio...not to be too happy having a interview ... yet