Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like the title implies, can you guys give me an idea of what the acceptance rates for MD-PhD programs are looking like for top medicine-oriented schools like Johns Hopkins, Wash U in St. Louis and UC San Francisco?
Also, can you guys tell me what MD-PhD programs look for in applicants? I know that you definitely need stellar GPA & MCAT scores but can someone tell me within what range I need to even stand a chance? Also, what kinds of activities do MD/PhD programs look for? I already plan on volunteering at the University campus hospital, getting a research position in a clinical lab and working as a nursing aide after becoming CNA certified. I really could use some advice. Thank you!
Also, can you guys tell me what MD-PhD programs look for in applicants? I know that you definitely need stellar GPA & MCAT scores but can someone tell me within what range I need to even stand a chance? Also, what kinds of activities do MD/PhD programs look for? I already plan on volunteering at the University campus hospital, getting a research position in a clinical lab and working as a nursing aide after becoming CNA certified. I really could use some advice. Thank you!
Anyways, I'm assuming you're at a fairly prestigious school? Maybe I'm just giving people too much credit based on the people I've seen get into medical school.