Acceptance/Reject emails?

Started by Mags_PT22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mags_PT22

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if your acceptance/reject emails only come Monday-Friday from 9-5? I just assumed they did since those are normal business hours. Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten their decision on a weekend?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I actually got an interview invite on a Sunday and a rejection email on a Saturday if that helps.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah I heard some schools let you know on a weekend.
Also, do you guys know if you don’t get invited to interviews they reject you right away? Or if they said they’ll let you know before the end of the year and still haven’t heard is that a sign of something? (This school doesn’t do interviews and I applied for early deadline)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No not necessarily a rejection. Depends if they have set interview dates or not. For example, 1 school I applied to I know has conducted a round of interviews. So I emailed them to ask for an update and they said my app is “active” and the committee routinely reviews apps to invite for interview up until Feb. Just depends on the school so it wouldn’t hurt to email them if you haven’t done so already.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I got one of my acceptances on Saturday night / Sunday morning @ midnight. Also, when I got a rejection, it was ohysical mail. i think some schools do that where they send a letter to you if you didn’t get accepted.