Acceptance/Rejection letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brandie28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the earliest people start getting acceptance/rejection letters?

Members don't see this ad.

According to the last Wall of Shame thread, many rejections start in January. With rolling admissions schools, rejections can come a month of two before that. For regular admissions, acceptances and rejections are often sent out a set time after the interview. If you don't receive an interview, the notification tends to come earlier. Still, my Shenandoah rejection came three months after application completion.

So if you apply now, then it'll be a while before you are rejected. Do take into account any interview offers too as that bides your time before rejection.:D

Finally, let's talk on a positive note. After an interview, acceptance times may vary. For my Wingate acceptance, that came a few days after my interview. For my Iowa acceptance, that took four weeks!:oops: My Creighton acceptance came two weeks after the interview. So, it varies per school. Many people who get accepted off the waitlist hear about it in May. I have a friend who got off the waitlist in the August right before the school year started!:eek:

In general, any acceptances happening a month after is considered not average. So, you won't be waiting forever.

According to the last Wall of Shame thread, many rejections start in January. With rolling admissions schools, rejections can come a month of two before that. For regular admissions, acceptances and rejections are often sent out a set time after the interview. If you don't receive an interview, the notification tends to come earlier. Still, my Shenandoah rejection came three months after application completion.

So if you apply now, then it'll be a while before you are rejected. Do take into account any interview offers too as that bides your time before rejection.:D

Finally, let's talk on a positive note. After an interview, acceptance times may vary. For my Wingate acceptance, that came a few days after my interview. For my Iowa acceptance, that took four weeks!:oops: My Creighton acceptance came two weeks after the interview. So, it varies per school. Many people who get accepted off the waitlist hear about it in May. I have a friend who got off the waitlist in the August right before the school year started!:eek:

In general, any acceptances happening a month after is considered not average. So, you won't be waiting forever.

In addition to checking wall of shame thread for rejection times for various schools, you can check the c/o 2011 thread for acceptances at various schools and interview request thread for interview request dates at various schools.